Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I have finally made it home.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by SANZY, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Hi All,

Well my trip home has finally finished, on the 17th of June at 5:30PM i set out from work on my bueatyful Gpx250 fresh from a long weekend speant fixing all it's small issues, well I finally finished that trip home yesterday at 6PM arriving home in my own Car, this is a Bankstown to Penrith trip that took Two months. I knew sydney was big but please that is a bit off. :p

Yes that is right it took two months and a slight redirection thru liverpool hospital (the staff on level 3 East ward a an extreamly lovely group of people my thanks to them for there help) but i have made it home.

OK i will stop the funny buisness. I have finnaly been realease from Hospital after my Motorcycle accident I was told midday Monday i would be discarged on Tuesday. I was finally discarged after starting chasing people at 9 AM at the early hour of 4:30 PM, then had to wait 30 minutes for a wheel chair ride down to the car.

Anyway i would like to thank every one who has helped and supported me (the regular sydney crowd who was snuck in one lovely night after arriving after visiting hours. I think i would have gone insane if i had not had Netrider to read and keep me amused. I will be righting up a bit of info for those interested in my fun adventures with insurance just so you can discover what happens should dissaster strike.

Oh and the good Karma from the Tinotenda Dume thread must have worked as i was realeased the day after i asked for it i was stoked and will pledge to help again next year as long as i remember.

Anyway i will stop rambaling on about crap i am just to happy to be out and kicking. I was fealing as useful as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest being in the hospital for so long.

Thanks all again for the kind words and support Netrider has shown me in this hard time. :cry:
  2. Hey SANZ!!!! That's the best news I've had for ages, enjoy the different bed, and home cooking, and if you can get a car and come in and meet Skuffy and Mouth on Friday night coming, I'd love to see you!!!
    Keep the chin up, and keep us updated as to medical progress, etc.
  3. WooHoo .. thats awesome news.

Yup .. and what a feeling that is :) Spent less than half the time you did myself, but after that I can appreciate how good it would feel to be out after 2 months

Look forward to reading about it.
  4. Hornet, i am pritty grounded for a while. I don't wanna over do things plus i busted up my right leg, and there are only manual cars at my house so no going for trips any time soon.

Thanks again for the support.
  5. FABULOUS news, sanz!!!
    Anything we can do, let us know, eh?
  6. You just completed your journey, eh? So what does that make your average km/h? :LOL: :p :LOL:

Glad to hear you're on the mend. I hope your recovery continues apace.

Oh - and if Skuffy and Mouth knock on your door, for God's sake DON'T LET THEM IN! :LOL:
  7. Good news ZANZY :D :D I hope you have fitted a motor to that wheelchair.
  8. What wheelchair, i am on crutches.

Arh if anyone comes knocking i ain't getting up just for a netrider.
  9. Hope that your recovery is speedy and ure back on the road soon
  10. welcome back sanz<: