Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I have chicken pox

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by munecito, Sep 7, 2007.

1. And it is itchy as hell. Also have been with a bloody headache for like three days.

Not even being off work can make me feel any better.

2. Hey don't come here and spread it around.... :rofl:
  3. ARRRRGH it itches and I shouldn't scratch. Don't know where did I get it from.

Take a bit of this future. LOL

4. get some bandaid healing gel and put it on all your Chicken Dots - looks better than calamine lotion and be generous - give it to some kids with boring teachers - let em stay home and watchold Isle of Man race DVD's - that's a real education!!

Hope you're feeling better soon :)
  5. Bugger Will

Yeah Calamine Lotion works well, hope you're up and into it soon mate
  6. I have no kids around to give it to them. I may go down to the local school and charge them for the privilege of staying home.

My wife is out buying the calamine now. This is horrible.

Thanks Guys for your GWS wishes.

7. Hope the missus also gets to the bottle shop and stocks up on scotch or rum - if you're sleeping it can't annoy you, and if you've got a headache, may as well have a better excuse for having it!! :LOL:
  8. hehehe. Wear you bike gloves that way you wont want to scratch...
  9. Get well soon dude, by the way, do you know that what you have is herpes? :shock: :shock: :p
    Well it's in the same family, but if you end up with oral herpes (cold sores), you'll know how you got it..!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
    Seriously, get well mate and for the sake of the Lord, no matter what you do,
  10. You must have come into contact with someone that was contagious within the last 10-14 days.

Get yourself to a chemist and buy Pintarsil. Pop it into a bath and take a soak, it will help relieve the itching. Be warned, it smells though.

Good luck with the healing mate.

11. aw! i was gunna say that!
  12. I agree with Rob, Pinetarsil is the stuff you need. Smells horrid but works heaps better than calamine lotion. It's in a green and white bottle at the chemist and they have a huge range of lotions and potions.
    Good luck.
  13. Don't scratch ,what ever you do ,you rip the top off one of them like you would a mozzie bite ,your scared for life.
    A friend of mine scratched one on her face and it's still scard 25 years later.

When I had them ,I had a broken arm in plaster at the same time ,you want itchy ???....,try it with out being able to even touch it or pat it ,let alone be able to put cream on it :shock:
  14. +1 for that stuff

Luckily I had THE POX when I was in primary school so I don't have to worry about crazy adult versions later in life.. unless it evolves and mutates but lets not go there :)

Hope it doesn't last long. Plenty of sitting in front of the tv with loose clothes (when my bro had it he wore almost entirely a sheet for the whole time!)
  15. Pinetarsil helps a lot. Thanks guys.

The main problem apart of the itchiness is the bloody headache that doesn't go away at all. The only thing that helps is a cold pack on my forehead.

I just wonder how many days it itches for?

16. Stretching the memory a bit. Five days sounds good though.. well not good but you know what I mean.
  17. bad luck Will.................that'll teach ya for getting a MADASS :LOL: :LOL:

They're wicked I tell ya :LOL: :LOL:
  18. I think the doctors should keep you sleeping for a week when you have chicken pox.

This is making me crazy.

Will ](*,) ](*,) :cry: :cry:
  19. Try having it twice :p

And while the 'no scratching' is good in theory, show me one person that never scratched with Chicken Pox :p

But...I do have the scars everyone's talkin about :p
  20. I always thought Chicken Pox was a one-time deal?