Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I have between Christmas & New Year off.. suggestions pl

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by suzyq, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Hi Guys,

I have between Christmas and New Year off from work and I was thinking I might go away on my trusty Spada for a few days, excellent opportunity to put a few more k's on my clock, me thinks! :grin:

So.. I need a few suggestions.. :) I live in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney and I can leave Boxing Day arvo and have to be back NYE. I don't mind doing about 5 ish hours a day with stops of course. I thought I would stay in cabins along the way. I can't camp as the only luggage I have is a tank bag. I'd love a Ventura Rack/Bag but budget doesn't allow at the moment.

And If anyone would like to join me I'd be more than happy for the company. Keeping in mind of course it will probably be double demerits and all that.. :? Not that I speed of course, only being on my L's! :grin:

2. Come down to Canberra! :p

Experience the blissful roads that I still havent been able to ride on yet.
  3. [IMG:48:46:f9eaa24883]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/omg.gif[/img:f9eaa24883]
    how on earth did you manage to get time off during 'the week from hell' ? [IMG:32:32:f9eaa24883]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/crying2.gif[/img:f9eaa24883]

Oh you could always join the 10000000 other holidays makers in my part of the would :LOL:
  4. I have the same time off work - last year went down through the snowies and traipsed around Victoria for a bit - was awesome. Will be doing it again this year... if the BF's bike is on the road by then! If not, well stuff him I think I'll go on my own :D
  5. Yep.

No. 1 Suggestion: Camp on the coast, Fish, Eat & Drink.
  6. Righo guys this is the plan so far..

Day 1 26th Dec.
    Bathurst -> Temora

Day 2 27th Dec.
    Temora -> Temora Aircraft Museum -> Tumut via Wagga Wagga.

Day 3 28th Dec.
    Tumut -> Cooma

Day 4 29th Dec
    Cooma -> Batemans Bay

Day 5 30th Dec
    Batemans Bay -> Wollongong

Day 6 31th Dec
    Wollongong -> Home

I plan to make this quite an easy trip with lots of stops for sightseeing, time permitting of course. I am only on my Ls and on my trusty Spada, so no land speed records will be broken!

Ok so the next question is .. anyone interested in joining me in this adventure?? if there is an interest I will post it up in the ride events. I'd love to have some company. L platers and 250's welcome of course!
  7. Sounds like a great trip- be prepared for some straight, boring roads, particularly around wagga.

The aviation museum is fantastic. Was there when they flew two spitfires for the first time in years a couple of months ago. I would definitely recommend trying to get back there when they have a flying day:

Unfortunately they don't meet up with your travel dates.

Have a great trip!!