Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I had a top day.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Changa, Sep 21, 2010.

1. G'day guys,

Now, perhaps there's people out there who take their riding for granted. Not me.
    I'm on my P's and with the sun out today I thought I'd take my little Kwaka 250 for a blurt. The kids were at school, my wife at work, the bike to myself.

I rode from beautiful Campbelltown, over towards the National Park.....great ride. Not much traffic, sun shining all the way. Even though I was watching what was ahead- and around - me, I still found time to check out all the stuff you don't appreciate in a car. I checked out a waterfall.......looked at the ocean up near Stanwell Tops, then cruised that Ocean Bridge and checked out the mountains and other scenery.

I met a mate at Thiroull and had a coffee, before heading into the Gong to check out new Triumphs at the local dealer (for when I can get a bigger bike). Then......decided I'd better get back home to pick the kids up.

Now....this might not sound like much just from reading what I have here....but I can tell you guys.....I love my bike. I ride along with a stupid grin at times and just think to myself "How good is this". It took me 42 years to get a bike, and I'm like a kid with it. Yep, I'm cautious and I shake my head at some guys on bikes that just don't realise how quickly and easily you can end up dead, but for the most part, I find riding to be one of the best things I've ever done.

Anyway.....just thought I'd let you know ..... I had a top day today. (y)

Peter

2. and I assume your grin got bigger when you looked at the daytona s.e. at the triumph dealer???

3. That's awesome Peter! I know what you mean. I'm on my L's...going for my P's in three weeks.

I love each and every minute I'm on my bike. We did both the ferries on Sunday (Wisemans & Berowa). Stopped off at Pie In The Sky and drooled over all the bikes.

It's simply awesome! Love it!

4. considering he's riding an eliminator, he was probably looking at a bonnie or a speedmaster. mmmmm. Speedmaster. If there was a bike that could make me defect to cruisers, it'd be one of them.

I'm off restrictions in 12 days and 3 hours and 3 minutes and 15 seconds ... then I'll be off to the local dealer and test riding everything they'll let me test ride. ha ha. They are getting sick of me already loitering around and sitting on the bikes in their showroom.

Peter, I know exactly how you feel. It took me a while too but I'm loving every minute on my bike.

5. I feel like that every time i get on the bike even if it is just going to and from work during the week.

6. Wow....that's a good call. Yep, I'm thinking of getting a Speedmaster.
    In fact, this is pretty much what I'd like ....either of these....:

speedmaster_black.

bike1.

7. A mate has been trying to get me on a triumph for years, he's got an 'american?.. Little brother has had a rocket 3 for a few months now as well, but I keep looking at thruxtons and speedmasters for some reason..

8. Sounds nice Changa, and sounds like you need to do it more often! :biker:

I live in the Sutherland Shire and have done that ride many times, and I still really enjoy it (during the week).

I love those Trumpy Speedmasters also. I've test ridden a couple of Trumpy's, a Triple and a Bonny. Both were outstanding, and I genuinely think they are some of the best bikes you can get.

9. It was a great day for it. Whatever job you've got that gives you a Tuesday off, stick with it.