Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I had a stack today 2/aswell

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by FormerUser2, Feb 6, 2005.

1. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

2. Sympathies martyh. Don't forget the red grape juice. It goes well with pizza. How bad is the viffer?
    Hope the hand proves to be not to bad.

What was it I said. No good deed ever goes unpunnished.

3. Hey Marty

No worries. Hope never have to do the same for me!!

Take care of yourself.

Rach

4. Sorry to hear your news Marty. Definitely a night for pizza and a decent bottle of red. Or 2.

I hope both wrist and Viffer are back in shape real soon.

5. Ahhh, shiiiiat !!
    yeah, know the feeling of those thoughts-at 1000km/h: Better stop HERE, still time enough to get off and warn the others....naw, better save my own arse first...but only that little time until the next one comes belting around that bend, stop/let go/ stop/ let go...

Sorry to hear about that hand, it's not the "wiping " one isn't it :p :p
    Paint was hardly dry on that Viffer, too...
    WTF is going on with the "old hands" at the moment?

At least Jason will have a buddy on the couch next to him, you can get the beer from the fridge, he can shove the pizza down your gob....what a pair !! :p :p

6. Marty, Marty, Marty.....sorry to hear about it, but I've heard there's some nasty Viffer disease going around at the moment called "crash and nastily damage rider" :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Anway, hope you recover quickly and the bike's on the road soon.

:D :D :D

7. Sorry to hear it Marty. Glad you are fine.
    I think its about time you sold the viffer and got a bmw.
    :p
    Seriouisly though apart from your hand what was damage to the bike?

8. I was wondering if a couple of small hand held CB's would be good to help this type of situation. With the lead guy riding up ahead a quick call to the second rider who could then warn others and the second guy could stop before the hazard?

I have used a couple of small ones for work and they were very effective, the mike clips to ur jacket near ur mouth and the unit itself can sit in a pocket. They were plenty lound too but I guess it would be better to get bike ones.

I also noticed that there were some rider to rider communication radio's advertised in Two Wheels.

I'd be happy to donate towards getting a couple for the club... or maybe three....One for the lead, one for his second and another for the tail rider. What you think?

9. damn sorry to hear about the crash, especially in gravel.
    That's no way for anyone to go down :cry: .

Hope the wrist comes through ok for ya, thats one piece of body us guy use alot :LOL: :LOL:

much damage to the bike?

10. Sorry to hear your news Marty. Bugger!! I hope your wrist heals soon and you are back on the Viffer in no time!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

11. What the hell is goin on with you guys???

Are you tryin to create a new record for Netrider Stacks in 05???

*Sheesh* What will the newbies think?

12. You just wanted to join my club of "single hand enabled people club"! Good to here your ok and hope for a fast recovery on that hand! O yea dose it feel like your cheating on your right hand as you can’t use it?

13. sorry to hear marty
    heal quickly , bikes can be fixed , people its a bit harder.

it must be in the water

14. Sheesh Marty... I told you your rides where dangerous! :p Hope you heal well dude. :wink:

15. Whats going on???? :shock:
    Hope to see you back on the bike in no time and good to hear you are OK :)

16. Hey, you told me you were just going to change hands! :wink:

Sorry to hear about the bike and glad your not super hurt.... very unlucky mate but there no need to compete with mouth, mkay? :( :?

17. Sorry to hear about the off Marty... and I hope you aren't in too much pain.

18. I'd say it's the amount of water that fell in the last few days that was the problem.
    If we had some serious rain and storms like we have had I would rellay not want to ride some of the roads out there where the stacks were for at least 2 weeks till all the muck mud and gravel has been cleaned off the road.
    It's seriously not the safest time to ride just after such a major storm.

Take it really easy out there people.