Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I had a Job Interview today

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Iffracem, Aug 31, 2006.

1. First one in ages, was a bit nervous.... (was a preliminary "weed out the no-hopers" interview)

Then I saw the interviewer WOW!!! :-w what a stunner she is, I would have gladly paid to sit and watch this lady talk...

It was over way too quickly... (wife says that too :facepalm: )

But it did go well I thought, better than I hoped for a first interview for a looooong looooong time.

Fingers crossed :cool:
  2. Regardless of outcome, all interviews have one of three good results:

1. You get the job
    2. You get the job, but you realise its not for you - decline offer
    3. You dont get the job, but it was great practice for the next one

Employers/Interviewers are human (as I am), its best to be yourself and let what was intended take its course.

I always tell interviewees, tell me a little about what you know 100% about, not a lot of what you only know 80% of (or less). It will impress me more and you wont get stuck when I ask you a question about the related field.

EDIT: And remember, its not just about finding the right person for the job, its just as much about finding the right job for the person.... ask questions! Find an employer of choice!
  3. Best of luck with that one..
  4. good luck :grin: hope you get the job
  5. yeah, best of luck, mate, and if you don't get this one, here's hoping you keep getting pretty interviewers :LOL:
  6. Hope you get the job Iffracem
    All the best :)
  7. That's excellent advice. Whenever I've gone for an interview, I've taken the view that I'm interviewing them as much as they're interviewing me. I want to find out if the job means working for people who know what they're doing, and what they expect from the successful candidate.

I once had an interview run by half a dozen principals of a large service business, half of them on the other end of a videoconference line. Towards the end of the exercise, I asked them how they saw the position they were advertising as adding value to their business. When there was a pause followed by "that's a very good question", I knew I didn't want the job. :LOL:
  8. Tanks guys

Got a message last night to ring the loverly lady today :grin:

Hopefully it's "come in to meet the manager for the final interview", I'll post up the results.

9. +10 wicked mate I really hope you are geting teh guided tour ending in you desk or the form signing stage...

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: