Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I guess I'd better introduce myself

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by njacko, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hi folks,
    Over the last few months I've been busy lurking, finally joined up, did L's, got a VTR250 and have clocked up about 1500km's in the couple of weeks since I got the bike. So far I've copped rain, hail, glare, potholes and surprise hairpins, but loving it so much! Riding at night in the rain was the least fun thing so far (soooo much colder than I thought, and that misty kind of rain stays on the visor). I've picked up riding much quicker than I thought, with help from Netrider tips as well as a couple of books. I'm 26 and can control my speed urges and I keep practicing emergency stops and slow turns and things like that.

I'm on holidays at the moment so riding everyday from the eastern burbs of Melbourne. If anyone out my way is keen for a ride during the week let me know and I'll jump at the chance. It's a bit strange riding around by yourself for hours at a time but still fun and good learning.
    Hope to see you out there!

2. welcome njacko,

dont worry once you get a bit more confidence the urges will take over, it shouldn't take too long :grin:
  3. Hi and welcome.

It's good you have copped all those bad conditions. When the weather gets better you'll be fine. Much better than being a fair weather rider only and suddenly getting caught in the rain.

Catch you on a ride sometime.
  4. Don't be overly worried about spending hours by yourself on a bike.
    i don't know why I do it either.
    You obviously have the bug, BADAsk yourself. "would I be doing this willingly in a cage"?

5. Hi Njacko...

How does the VTR go?