Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I guess i better day "Hi"

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Meph, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Hello Guys, another newbie here.

This seems like a some great forums, i was sent here by my mate ascension from the Aussiemagna forums.

I did my Ls at HART in tullarmarine about a month and a half ago. I went with some friends from work, it was fun, good people. However i am the first of the bunch to actually get a bike.

I looked around second hand, and i didnt really want a CBR250 as everyone and their dog seems to have one. Plus for any 250 with around 50,000 k's on it you were looking at around $5500, i just added another grand to that and went and bought myself a brand new Hyosung GT250R.

Its a great bike and i was absolutely terrified when i first got it and had to ride it home, but i got on the road and accelerated into second gear and i was fine from then.

Ive read people here saying that kids love motorbikes, well everyone at work loves my bike. They say its very big (for a 250), shiny and good value for money. The second day i had it i didn't ride to work and everyone was asking where it was.

I live in altona north, and i dont know if its just me, but there seems to be alot of bikes around here. Now and then i see a couple of people on big bikes, like R1's and they are only wearing helmets, i feel that even with my helmet, jacket and gloves, if i fall off im in for a world of hurt.

Enough rambling, i was just supposed to say Hi.
  2. welcome to the forums...
  3. Welcome to NR Meph :grin:
  4. Have fun Meph, you now live in another world.
    Aint it great?

5. welcome mate
  6. Welcome to the forums.. Enjoy the ride and stay safe. :grin:
  7. Welcome Meph, keep learning and stay safe, it's worth it.
  8. welcome meph
  9. Welcome to the mad world of Netrider Meph :wink: :grin:
  10. [​IMG]

Have fun Meph. :wink:
  11. Welcome, Meph, and to another Westsider :grin: