Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I get my baby tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dan, Mar 15, 2005.

1. 8am tomorrow I pick up my shiny new black 05 R6...

You can't wipe the smile off my face now (after the furrowed brow all afternoon signing bank docs)

The missus is worried I'll bin it if I ride it to work from the dealer... :shock: any tips for the first ride on a new bike?

I got out of the bank eventually this arvo, went to the car park where my trusty :)?) '84 yam sr250 was waiting for me. the biatch wouldn't start - sounds like a wiring problem. So I locked her up and went home on the bus. I think she knows...

2. Congratulations on the new ride Dan, sounds sweet :D

Any tips for a new bike?

Take it easy ;) New bike, new tyres, no grip, unfamiliar power curve and handling.

I'm sure the old SR250 knows too!

3. *am jeolous*

Can;t give u a real tip, apart from take it easy.

May I ask where and how much your steed was/is? Current;y shopping for an upgrade atm. :wink:

4. Congrats :D I wish I could get a new bike :cry:

Lisa :twisted:

5. Good luck on your first ride, just remember to take it easy!
    :p

6. Good luck with the R6 & just
    take it easy & have heaps of fun. :D

7. go slow and takeit easy
    get used to it and enjoy it

8. :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

9. lucky you - go slow to become used to the power and weight variation. Then have fun :D :D :D and stay safe and upright.

10. Safely to work on the new ride - she's bewdiful!!!! Thanks to the guys at Team Moto Yamaha on the Gold Coast for a great deal.

Took it very slow, was very nervous and sweaty, no brown pants moments, but brown pants anyway.

Now that I have settled down, trying to think of how to get the old bike back home! (if it's still there...)

11. i recently rode a friend's cbr250rr

woah it felt different!

yeah take it easy and it should all be good

mikk

12. LOL; well not quite the upgrade that Dan's getting ey...
    ZZR250 --> CBR250 vs. SR250 --> R6.

I envy you dan; the R6's are beautiful machines. Can't believe they didnt go the undertail can but ah well... i'd sell an organ or 2 to get my hands (and bum) on a new R6.

13. yeah the undertail would have been nice, although up here a warm bum isn't desirable....

I am surprised they didn't follow the other 2005 600's and put underseat exhausts in... maybe they'll come back into fashion.

I think the 2005 model is Yamaha just fixing up all the gremlins in the 04 model, but not much redesign.

SR250 - R6 - massive leap!
    SR250 to CB250 is about as big!

The SR-250 was a shocker.

14. (said with a monty python voice) - "you lucky lucky b@stard!"...

Congrats - my Missus would love one of those...but she'll have to wait a year or so until a) she gets off her L/P's and b) we get some $$$ for it....

Glad you got it home - in Novemeber last year on two successive days I rode two new bikes home - and yep my greatest fear was binning it before the end of the road the dealer is on!

jdm

15. Now you've said that your never gonna get her outta that garage. She's gonna seize the brakes on... and never ever leave. All because you called her a shocker...

I suggest you get out there now and start polishing and saying nice words to her about that 'she was your first and only...'. :wink:

16. DONT GO TO WORK

break it in angrily.
    the first few K's are mightily important.

17. see my first post -

were not talking at the moment.

I'll try and patch things up in a few days, just wanna let her cool off. They're always a bit touchy when you go for someone younger and with bigger parts.

18. manny,

I tried telling my boss that, but he just didn't understand [-o<

19. haha
    what if you misteriously fall ill, or someone make-believe in your family dies?
    Damn boss :evil:

20. Hey Dan,

Been watching this thread.

Just like to say congratulations......

and am very jealous indeed.

:D :D :D