Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

i flew a helicopter

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by furrycreature, Oct 15, 2006.

1. last friday (friday the 13th) it was really fun. there were no doors and the thing was tiny. it was well worth the money. the instructor let me take controll of the cyclic during a hover less than 3 metres above the ground. :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. Flying is extremely good fun I have my fixed wing commericial, saving up for the heli commercial now hehehe :grin:

3. i had heaps of fun, will go again. i want to be a helicopter pilot in the army.

4. Yeah very easy to get hooked, good luck with the army maybe you can jump into those new tigers :grin: pretty cool bit of kit. I can't wait to start the training need to save a bit first and ill do all my theory first flying is the reward..

5.  Top
  6. soooo jelous!! id love to fly a chopper! LOVE to. apprently you need to be good at maths, i was shit at maths.

how much do chopper lessons cost?

7. I really really really really wish I hadn't clicked on that video link... :pewk:

Danny, chopper lessons are like $400/hr.

8. cost $250 for 1/2 hour.
    oh that video was not nice.

9. Good at maths? bah! I'm not! :shock:
    There's not much maths really in day to day flying, the worst is fuel calculations and drift, basic year 8 stuff.

Regards, Andrew.

10. What a nice guy. You should tell him about these forums seeing as how he let you do that... at least so he can read your signature ;)

11. Some day, I took a 1hr introduction course.
    The instructor, took us up to 4000feet in the R22 , it's so small you are worried some insect try top mate with it.

Gave me all the controls and said go ahead, fly !!!

I knew the basics of flying a chopper but still, after about 20 minutes I started feeling sick due to the concentration and stress. He started to take us back and I threw up on the way !!

Great day :? :?

Next day I want some thrills I'll stay on the bike

Nic

12. :rofl: @ ktulu

You are a funny bugger!

13. That's why you need to be good at Maths! To add up all the ridiculous bills. Fixed Wing is much cheaper. You can get your licence on fixed wing for about $8k. A chopper licence is upward of about $20k isn't it?

14. 20K will get me a heli commercial license conversion from my fixed wing cpl about 60 hours flying

15. i couldnt afford either.. but id love to do a heli..

16. a friends son spent 75k on his commercial helicopter licence and his private fixed wing licence. i stole my sig off my dad