Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I finally have my R6

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by FLYREX, Oct 10, 2009.

1. So after dreaming of getting one of these bikes for the past few years, I finally have one of my very own.

It's a 2006 R6 with rear seat cowl, oggy knobs and fender eliminator. No mechanical mods so completely stock in that regard.

The bikes has only done ~4,750km which is quite low for a bike of that age IMO and it looks and runs like new.

I am extremely happy with the purchase and thoroughly enjoyed my first (and second) rides earlier this afternoon.

Here's a couple pics :grin:

2. Very nice man congrats!!!!
  3. Thats a nice blue you got it in too.
  4. very nice, I cant wait to get off my restrictions and get one too.
  5. your leathers match!
  6. Good bike, best 600, i had same bike but white/red before painting it.

They love to Rev (17,500redline :D)
  7. Cheers fellas, absolutely wrapped with the purchas... still can't wipe the smile off my face
  8. Hey guys, just thought I'd give you a bit of an update on my new ride.

Well I spent about 3 hours on the bike this arvo and clocked up about 100km travelling out to Whittlesea and surrounds. Was nice weather and good road conditions so made for some good riding.

After my first couple rides getting used to the clutch, throttle response, braking, handling etc I'm starting to feel more at one with the bike so I enjoyed the bike more today and all I can tell you is this bike is simply awesome, especially after you get the revs up above 10k rpm, unbelievable! Remarkable step up from anything I've ridden before and I can't wipe the smile from my face :)

Oh yeah there is one downside (or upside depending on which way you look at it), the riding position is quite forward oriented so you get quite a workout holding yourself in position. The forward bias is great for turn-in which is just what you want for track riding or spirited road riding, but not so much for a sunday cruise or touring length ride, a bit too aggressive IMO.... but none of that really matters when you let this thing rip :wink:

Looking forward to getting out again tomorrow, albeit not going to the motogp. Oh well, some twisties out my way will have to do :)
  9. double post
  10. You may want to consider some bar 'risers' to take some of the crunch out of the crouch.

Other than that, wipe that smirk off your face this instant :LOL:.
  11. Very nice bike man. Try putting it up on one wheel - that'll eliviate the stress on your wrists - lol!
  12. Congrats mate that's one awesome lookin bike! ENJOY!
  13. Cheers guys! Here's a couple more pics :)

PS. Can someone help me upload an avatar pic, I keep getting error messages?