Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I finally have my first road bike. Yamaha FZ6R

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Brissy_Rider, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Well after much stuffing about by both the dealer and my bank, I finally rode away on my new 2010 Yamaha FZ6R yesterday.

I LOVE IT !!!!! It's a great bike, and I just never want to get off it LOL

I will take some pics on the weekend and post them up, but all I can say it that I am sooooooooo happy with the bike.

See you all soon.... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2. Let me see if this works......

Just a quick pic from the car park to get the thread started. Sorry, just phone pics, will get better ones on the weekend, but you get the idea :)

3. Very nice!
  4. Thanks Mr Bling :) Im quite proud of it :)
  5. Here is one more ...... Now I had better stop going to the car park to visit the bike or my GF will leave me LOL...... Hang on, that would mean more riding !!! :p

6. It is sooo completely bl00dy unfair that learners these days can buy bikes that look this good!

Have fun Damo!
  7. What makes you think he is a learner? And a FZ6R I don't beleive is LAMS approved (correct me if I'm wrong please) so if he is riding it on L's, it's not legal.

That aside, very nice bike. (y)

I love all black bikes - they just look sexy as.
  8. Yes you are wrong :p

But seriously..

This was discussed a few times recently, the FZ6R, despite not appearing on the LAM's list is essentially the same as an XJ6SL(am gunna go test ride one of these this weekend, I prefer it over the fz6r, less fairings, single piece seat & has a centre stand), which is approved..

So long as the rego label says LAM's he is fine, if it doesn't get onto Vic roads to fix it up..

Back to the topic at hand, sweet bike mate, congrats...
  9. I stand (sit) corrected. :eek:wned:
  10. The funny thing is, I did exactly what you did a few weeks back, someone mentioned this bike & I said "it isn't LAM's approved", I was put straight on that count pretty quik...

11. ha ha ha Thx for the comments guys. It was a fun read. Here is what I can tell you about the mysterious FZ6R and LAMS. In QLD, at the moment, it does not appear on the QLD Transport list of LAMS bikes as it has not been updated since FEB. However, it is basically a faired XJ6 which is currently on the LAMS list. I have a mate who is a cop and I also asked him for an opinion. He said because the bike is restricted via way of a throttle stop, and as it's the same bike as an XJ6, he wouldn't consider it illegal. So I guess it's a 50-50 call, but I liked the bike too much to walk away :) Going on a BIG ride today, beautiful weather in Brissy today, wooo hoo, can't wait to straighten some twisties :)
  12. Enjoy, mate. I'm not joining you because I'm short of fuel/money - and I'm still shitfaced from last night, and there's some grog left from last night, so I don't think I'll be doing much riding today...

PS - she looks much better in a pic that's the size of a computer screen than the size of a mobile ph. ;->
  13. Thanks Kneedragon. I can always come for a spin past your place in my travels. Let me know your addy via sms if you are keen. Won't stay long, I have a busy day planned, but I am sure I can come and spare 10 mins to show off the bike and to say hello :)