Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I finally have a bike! Wohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by cosmo_sydney, Jul 28, 2007.

1. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: I bought my 1st bike today peoples and just wanted to share the love :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Its a 91 Honda Spada (Black) with 46Ks on the clock. I am yet to name it... any suggestions??? :wink: Comprehensive insurance wasn't as bad as I thought either for peace of mind.

Give me a little more time to get used to the bike and then I'll be out to the next learner run to meet you all :)

2. Well done mate, hope it was better than that hornet we looked at.

If you want to go for a run, let me know.

3. :LOL: thats right.
    its not the tidiest example of a spada but its a decent bike for the money exchanged. still better than that hornet though :p

pretty busy tomorrow but i'll let you know if im free.

4. woohoo!!!!! u must show it off this monday at our coffee meet!!!

we can go for a short ride afterwards!

5. Cosmo, how about "Ace of Spadas" signed to either side of the tank :wink:

6. I think you need to ride your bike for a while and understand his/her personality before you can name it.

Mine is called Roxie btw.

7. duk - shoot me a pm if the meet goes ahead (or not) on monday. i'll pop around after tafe.

billsy - i'll take trix's advice and get to know the bike first. ace of spadas is top contender at the moment though. love it!

8. Name the bike Spartacus.

9. dont you mean Spadacus? :p

10. This... is.. SPAAAAAAAAADDDAAAAAAAAAA!!

nice one mate :grin: definately have to bring it along to the next coffee meet, should be on Monday! maybe we'll go for a little ride if you're feeling up for it?

11. SPPPADDAAAAAA!!! lol

yeah coffee is definitely on this monday, drop by whenever after 9:30pm. be nice to do a ride afterwards aswell - nothing like the first ride out with a group :)

12. cool. i'll see ya's there :grin:

13. I just realised, if we ride:

James will lead, and he has a bumble bee VTR.
    Jakob would follow, he's on a spada. then you'd be right with him, another Spada.

I'll be hanging back cos I like to be in the middle, so does Damus and we ride black Virago's and Trevor Always like to be at the back, a GPX.

looks like we have a formation going on hahahahahaha

14. :LOL: careful our formation doesn't end up looking more like the "flying V" from mighty ducks. quack! :rofl:

15. Nice choice of first bike! I love my Spada.. We did over 17,000k's together in the first year before I bought my Hornet.

But :worthlesspics:

16. *quack quack quack quack quack quack*

17. Congrats mate, terrible choice of bike though :LOL:

My Spaaaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaa is still the most specialestest of them all....and, I have speeeeeeeeeeeed holes! :grin:

18. Nice choice.

Almost had mine a year and nudging 16000Kms.

Love it to bits and i'm sure you'll do the same with yours.

Congrats

19. http://i11.tinypic.com/4yuexjl.jpg

Mod: Pic changed to link due to dimension size.

20. Only girls name their bikes... :p