Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I feel more like a rider now!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by typhoon, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Got a huge bug splattered on my sunnies yesterday! LOL

Regards, Andrew.
  2. wait till you ride through a plague of loccusts in an open face helmet .....
  3. with your mouth open......flush it down with tequila.....ole
  4. lol wasent me .... but i did talk to the guy ... was about 20 years ago on the nullabor plain he was riding a bmw .. him ......... the bike ... and everything was covered in green slime
  5. bugs
    falcons (ford)

welcome to the world of riding . :LOL:
  6. ewwwwww... :shock:

Copped a bird in the head once and had shit all over me
    jacket & helmet & that was bad enuf :grin:

Lucky I wasnt squidin that day :LOL:
  7. I got absolutely POUNDED with bugs on the way home. They were so thickly smeared on the visor i could barely see and HAD to stop and wash them off out of safety. Each time i washed them off i would play the bug dodge game. Must be funny for a cage to watch a rider twitching, dipping, sliding, lifting his head constantly. They must have thought i was crazy or something. The best i got was about 5.5km but the average was about 1km, lol!
  8. try a ride from melb to darwin in open faced helmet, ate everything from flies to wedged tailed eagle, roo guts, bees, whasps,white cockies,to cow shit from the road trains.

was that bad was refused entry into 2 servo's. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

just keep on riding. they will get used to you :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  9. Yer, I can see why people object to full faced helmets when open faced sound so much more appealing. :roll:

10. Yah... the cow shit and piss from the road trains is the pits.

You really have to watch for when they go around a corner... you can get a huge flood of shitty piss.

Yes I got got once... I pulled over and I was dry retching in my helmet for about 5 minutes.

I got to a servo and stopped and I had a cloud of flies around me in about 60 seconds.

Can't say I blame them for not letting me inside.

That would have to be one of the low points of my motorcycling experiences :oops:
  11. Good to see ya not a virgin anymore :wink:

Cheers :cool:
  12. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

that is a piss funny storey

Cheers :cool:
  13. yep.. the bugs are entertaining.. esp when you see them coming from about 6 feet away, and hear the little PING! and their dissasembled carcas goes flying away. its a great feeling.. till you realise you cant actually see.. and wiping it with your hand is only smearing it..
  14. Hit all of the above except the falcon. I managed to score a sigma instead. A bee in the neck can be really painful for a long time. :wink:

15. Kish= Random magnet for weird shit. . . . :LOL:
  16. Wait till you cop a bat to the head and end up with bat shat on the outside of your helmet, and a bruised eye socket from it hitting whilst i had my visor up. :( :oops: