Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I feel good.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by typhoon, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Went for a job interview today. Parked in paid council carpark, and fed the machine a $2 coin. Now, there's no directions on teh machine telling you how many dollars buys how many hours, so I end up with a 3 hour ticket for a 30 minute visit.
    Come back from the interview, and an older woman is parking next to my car so I gave her my ticket with 2.5 hours on it. Saves her paying the greedy council, and saves me throwing the ticket out.
    The other day I opened a boot lid for an older guy in Woolworths, who was struggling with a couple of boxes (dunno why he didn't put them on teh ground, bad back maybe?).
    Now, to see if this good samaritan stuff comes back....

Regards, Andrew.

2. Doing it with the notion that such goodwill will be returned to you, nullifies your original righteous intentions and ensures zero return.

Stop thinking about the big, grey elephant!!!!!
  3. Bit hard to do when it keeps leaving footprints in the butter. :LOL:
  4. It just wants yellow feet so it can hide upside down in the bowl of custard!
  5. So many people look at you as though you have three heads if you offer a stranger help. I've had to change tyres on the side of the road a couple of times (cars) and only the most recent time did anyone stop to offer help (which I thanked him for, but I didn't need...its the thought that counts :wink: )

I'm all for the Good Samaritan efforts and will help whenever I deem it necessary...
  6. Hey, I'm not expecting good wil back, I was merely musing about whether it would come back to me someday. :?
    I did it with the intention of being a good person, not to get Karma kredits.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. It will when you least expect it and prolly when the cosmos/heavens/whatever dictates you need it the most :) Always good to work on being the best you can be - I've had a few failed starts on that but usually manage to get the car back on the racetrack eventually :LOL: