Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I dropped my bike..now what?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by 12ix, Jan 22, 2009.

1. A few weeks ago, I decided to go for an early morning ride on a saturday, when i got forced off the road by an idiot driving a 4wd who didn't check his blindspot. i ended up going over a median strip and sliding down the road.

He ended up driving away so I couldn't get his details. I got the bike fixed and mechanically everything works. However my little cbr250 doesn't look too flash. all the left side is scratched, fairings cracked etc. I want to fix it before i sell it (as i am going to get my full licence and then an upgrade of the bike). Can anyone recommend any good places to get it fixed in Sydney?

Thanks in Advance..

2. How serious are the cracks? You could probably get someone to plastic weld them and then get them painted up by a smash repairer.

Sydney Performance in Taren Point did a good plastic weld on my bike and I got a place in Kirawee to paint up the fairing(can't remember name, PM me and i can get back to you in a few days).
  3. He failed to check his blindspot you said.
    This is in no way a criticism but since you are new to riding what do you think YOU could have done to avoid this.
    What you have described is a completely avoidable accident and with more experience this would not have happened.
    Never ride in a person's blind spot, if you can't see their face in the mirror then the chances are they won't see you.
    Always assume they are going to run you off the road.
  4. well just remember its going to be Aus day "long weekend" so if you bring it in now it'll sit there for a while.. do it after long weekend..
    road rash :p
  6. +1, They should have told you this golden rule when you got your learners. He did the wrong thing but you came off 2nd best.... Lesson learned. Remember this event and in future position yourself where you have space and can be seen. When passing, do it wide and fast. :)

As for the bike, the cheapest option is to consider them battle scars. They are symbolic of your transition from newbie to experienced rider and a memorial to the bikes life journey as well as your own learning curve. :grin:

Or you could plastic weld the bits, have it painted up nice and pretty before selling it to another L plater who's silly enough to believe no-one's crashed it yet. :)