Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I dropped my baby!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Firestorm, Oct 19, 2005.

1. G'day to all,

Yesterday I was riding in the Mt Donna Buang area when I had a minor accident. Whilst in a corner I discovered (very late) that there was a piece of dark, rotten wood lying on the road. I lifted the bike slightly and managed to avoid it, but unfortunately ran out of road. I touched the edge and she slipped out from under me and we both landed on the side of the road in the mud. All is okay with me, apart from a sore knee but the bike sustained a few injuries. I've cracked the right fairing, lost the front indicator, bent the rear brake lever and scratched the right-hand exhaust.

This all happed whilst riding very sedately and could of ended up being allot worse if I had of collected the wood and ended up dropping on the road. I count myself very lucky. But as a result I may not joining you guys on a twisties ride over the w/e. depends on the bike and the knee.

Take care guys.

2. mate sorry to hear about your off.... hopefully both you and the bike are back on the road soon
  3. nooooo :( sorry to hear it.... :(
  4. Fark! Bummer about the bike dude :( But glad ur OK
  5. oooouch, not good news, but at least you are ok.
  6. Ouch! Hope the knee heals quick. Glad you're atherwise ok. The bike sounds like it can be fixed faily easily. :)