Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I don't read instructions like the stickies!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by enzise, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok.. the stort so far..

i got caught speeding in the lane cove tunnel. the ticket i received in the mail said i had a $210 fine and 3 demerit points lost. to my understanding i have 4 points on my red P plates. so that is not a problem

anyway i got the fine and couldnt pay it straight away so i out it aside and waited till i had the money to pay it. well i got the money, but i could not find the fine so i could not pay it. i rang up the state dept recovery number and told them i lost the fine. they toke my license number and located the fine on their computers, the lady said thats alrite they will be posting me out a reminder notice on the 21st june and it would not incure any late fees or anything. well the date is now 5th july and i have still not received anything in the mail.

what do you think i should do. ring up and check what is goin on. or keep my fingers crossed that i have been lost in the system some how?
  2. with 1 point left Why ? are you just sitting back waiting this long

take the time and Go in there in person with the money and pay it

you could be in a lot of trouble IF you leave this much longer as they like to incure more fee's
  3. Re: What to do?

The Govt forget that YOU owe THEM money...

Pull your head out of the sand and cough it up!
  4. You will not be lost in the system. You are irresponsible for not notifying them you couldn't pay in the first place.
    Get your backside down to where ever it is you have to pay and pay it today or you'll land in court with a very p!ss weak excuse.
  5. The world's smallest book is the list of people the Government DIDN'T get money out of. You have not been forgotten, and despite what the drone on the phone said, I wouldn't be surprised if when it DOES arrive it will have an additional penalty. Hot-foot it down to your local RTA office today and pay up....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.