Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I did it.....

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by micx0r, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Well I did it..

I bit the bullet and am now the proud owner of a '96 Hornet 250, blue in colour.. Top condition, silky smooth and heaps of fun.

I'm so excited!
  2. great work mate, take some pics of it for us and upload them :) i know how you're feeling! ohh and update your profile so it doesn't say some weirdo 80's bike :p
  3. well done :D didn't know they made the hornets that early :shock: learn something new every day.....
  4. Congrats on the new purchase!!
  5. Ho Hum, .....

...... not because I'm especially interested (!!), YEAH post some pics, wanna see!! What colour is it? (and, yeah, '96 does sound a bit funny doesn't it?
  6. Quote www.hondahornet.co.uk
    Launched in Japan in 1996 the 250 Hornet was the 'original' Hornet.
    It uses the same frame, swingarm, tank, and wheels from the Fireblade as the 600.
    Specification remained same throughout production to my knowledge.
    Model introduced to UK in 1998 as an import or 'grey' bike.
    So there ya go (and, sorry you did say it was blue (same as mine))
  7. nice bike looks like a miniture of yours hornet. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your actual one though micXor
  8. Congrats, buddy. Years and years of happy riding to ya!
  9. My understanding is that the 600 Hornet is this frame with the 600 engine, but still the annoying 16 litre fuel tank (??)
    I reckon it would be a sweet handling little jigger, anyway!
  10. Well done on the purchase...

How many bikes did you look before deciding on this one? Why this one?

11. Congrats micx0r :D Stay upright and stay safe.
  12. What a top weekend.

I had to pick the best weekend in the world to take delivery of my new baby.. just smashing..

Beach road down to mordialloc, some tucker then back up to vic markets with a few traffic light drags..

Awesome stuff

Note - figure out a better way to clip my helmet to the hornet, and need a decent backpack
  13. HAH, TWO Hornet grinners on the one morning; see, it's contagious! :LOL:
  14. Excellent, another Hornet on the road... I did the exact same run when I got my Hornet... Beach Rd down to Mordialloc... just had to watch out for the push-bikes :)

Congrats Micx0r...

15. Congrats on the new Girlfriend!
  16. Nice toy!!

love the colour!
  17. VERY nice.

Well done mate.
  18. Welcome to the forums
    Strange I go from Mordialloc to any where else for coffee :D