Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I... did a SMIDSY... kinda...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by bulby, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Yup. I SMIDSY'd my housemate with the garage roller door. Poor bastard must have panicked and started rolling forward as fast as he dared (it was a tight fit), so the door ended up scraping nearly halfway along the roof panel of his Corolla.

In my defense, it was humanly impossible to actually see him from where I was sitting thanks to our steep driveway.

That said, I feel bad for him since I was the one who pushed the close button afterall. Hence, I offered to pay 1/2 of his repairs.

Now, can anyone refer a panel beater? Or does it actually matter which panel beater I go to?

2. not your fault he was dumb enough to drive under it.
    i would'nt bother fixing his car. he'll just crash into something again.
    perhaps offer to pay for driving lessons.

3. Lol harsh!

4. LOL. Harsh, but that would've been my natural reaction too. Except I need to be on good terms with him for now, since I might need to get him to park outside cos my new bike is quite a fatty (relative to the tiny Across) and there's a chance it won't fit in the garage with 2 cars in there.