Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

i could need some advice =D

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by ilovemynsr150sp, Aug 26, 2007.

1. gday... i have 2 question i cant figure out... the first one should be pretty easy...is it normal for a bike tyre to loose air pressure faster than a car coz both mine and my dads bikes loose air after about a week...its not much... what could cause this, is this normal??
    The other question is regarding my nsr 150... the 6th gear is a genuine overdrive, now when driving in sixth gear there is this really noticeable sound, its hard to explain what it sounds like...it sounds like a brand new tyre on a car, this "veow veow" sound :? ...it only happens during low revs aswell, as soon as reved up it stops...i know its hard to figure out what the prob is when i cant explain it but... what could the prob be here? thanx in advance! :)

2. Tyres; I suspect that you could have crook valves. get them checked, and/or replaced.

The noise is probably (and this is a big call) the motor labouring under the stress of going too slow in too high a gear....

3. help

tyre is leaking, you should get it checked out , normally through the valve just needs tightening, ( a guess)
    does all your tyres lose pressure?

The noice you speak about .. do some testing ...ie go slower in 5th gear to see if the noice is till there ...notice the revs and see if its only at that rev range in other gears....

4. Yep.

5. Tyres often loose pressure. some tyre, wheel and valve combos are better then others, but a couple of psi a week is not over the top. Just annoying.

As indicated, changin the valves may help. Even just pulling them out and putting them back in again may be enough.

It's always fun diagnosing noises. You seem to think it gear related. maybe the clutch ring gear is a straight cut arrangement and that is just the noise it makes.

sort of like the noise older cars made in reverse.