Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I challenge you to find a news article more random than this

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pringa8, May 14, 2008.

1. Rubbish-bag Darth Vader evades capturehttp://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23696644-13762,00.html

A RUBBISH bag-clad Darth Vader has escaped a jail term for bashing a group of Welsh "Jedi Knights".

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, donned a cape made from a black rubbish bag and bashed Jedi church founder Barney Jones - aka Master Jonba Hehol - with a metal crutch, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates Court .

He also hit Mr Jones's 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones - Master Mormi Hehol - in the March 25 incident, the Associated Press reported.

The two cousins and Barney Jones's brother Daniel set up the Church of Jediism, Anglesey order, last year.

Jedi is the faith followed by some of the central characters in the Star Wars films, with its members said to be endowed with special powers.

Hughes's attack was recorded on a video camera that the Jedis had set up to film themselves in a light sabre battle.

"Darth Vader! Jedis!'' Hughes shouted as he approached.

Hughes said he couldn't remember the incident because he had drunk most of a 10 litre box of wine.

"He knows his behaviour was wrong and didn't want it to happen but he has no recollection of it,'' Hughes's lawyer Frances Jones said.

District Judge Andrew Shaw sentenced Hughes to two months in jail, suspended for a year.

The Jedi order, which claims about 30 members, says on its website that it uses "insight and knowledge'' from the films as "a guide to living a better and more worthwhile life".

"We all love the films and what they stand for. Obviously some people are going to laugh about it,'' the Wales on Sunday newspaper quoted Barney Jones as saying last month.

"But a lot of people do take it seriously.''

In the 2001 United Kingdom census, 390,000 - 0.7 per cent of the population - listed Jedi as their religion.
  2. Why did you bother? Why did I bother reading it?
  3. ok - challenge met!

4. They believed that, and didn't ask for i.d? Sure...
  5. A dollar's a dollar :grin: .

Even at the tender age of 13 though, given a $1000 a night hooker, I doubt if I'd have spent much time playing Halo :twisted: .
  6. lol I would have thought the opposite... what kid wants to have sex at 13? Xbox is way cooler! The hookers would have just been for the sake of it.
  7. Bah humbug! Edgelette was up for the challenge! and at 13 they would have been too scared sh!tless to r00t older women!
  8. :LOL:
  9. ^^^ That's exactly how I read it the first time. :LOL:
  10. What (male) kid doesn't? :grin:
  11. This one?
  12. I will not bite, I will not bite...
  13. From http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23702440-13762,00.html

14. i was going to join the church of jediism just so i could score a free day off work for religious reasons just like alot of other mugs.then i realised that 1 day off a year wasnt worth the embarassment of being a complete tool.