Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I can't see you, but I can hear you...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Kurtis_Strange, Nov 20, 2005.

1. I was just out on my back porch hanging out the washing and I could hear this bike in the vicinity, this bike was really winding it on...you could hear it moving up and down the gearbox at high revs and while it was the sweetest sound :D the entire area where the bike was riding is a 60 km/hr zone.

I'm not surprised that cops jump on a bike everytime they "see one" coz in their minds it probably makes up for all the bikes they hear, but don't see.

2. :LOL: Theres been a couple past my place today too...

3. It could have been an Across. Red lining them leaves no reason to believe the bike actually reached the speed limit.

4. :LOL: well thats a dig! *waits for an across rider to find this post*

5. Hehe, I am waiting. :LOL:

6. No ones gunna bite cause they know it's true. :p

7. I've been caught out a few times by CBR250RR's with aftermarket mufflers... looked around to see where the bike is flying along only to see a 250 trundling away for the traffic lights... DOH.

8. had a CBR250RR stop at a house over the road alright sounded ok, then when it took off this this was so bloody loud considering how fast it would have been going (not fast at all)

9. Where I live there tends to be a lot of 2-stroke dirt bikes getting around on the road, some of those certainly sound a lot faster than they actually are.

10. OK I'll Bite :D

My Across redlines at 16,500 at about 40kph in first, and then I can break the 60 limit in second pretty easy - maybe my across is not normal - it's a ducati red color and doesn't have the normal across stickers(i bought it like that), it's the only bike i've ever ridden - been riding for nearly 18 months.

[/End of bite] :D

11. hmmm yours is definately faster than the average cuz its red ;)

12. agreed .the lil buggas can scare the bejesus out of you if they catch you unaware.. ive been caught a few times at lights and heard em coming through the traffic ...( lane splitting ) ... thinking to myself ... sh*t ...hope the lights change .... this dude aint going to stop ...lol

13. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Are you talking about Across riders? :shock:
    We don't aim to scare the bejeebus out of anyone ;)

14. lol debs ...... yes very scarey people