Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I cant decide!!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by bass_player, May 8, 2006.

1. Hi all,
    The time has come to upgrade from my crappy imitation fender bass guitar to something at least half decent. I've narrowed my choice down to 2 but can't decide one way or the other.

This one

The EDB is $1300 and the Iceman is $1000 (inc hard case). The Iceman was on display at a trade stand and has a minor scratch on the back of the body. This is why its a bit cheaper and includes the case.

I love the look of the iceman but also love the better features of the EDB (3-band eq, better bridge, 3pc neck etc).

Has anyone had any experience with either of these? If so please let me know what you think of them.

Also does anyone know what the neck and bridge Pu refers to?

2. No idea mate but the iceman looks very cool!

The last bass I bought was for my 12 year old daughter and it cost $279 with an amp :LOL:
  3. The Iceman is a remake of the classic 70's Ibanez electric guitar :grin: I think it was one of their first guitars made too.
  4. I reckon it's a bit like picking a motor bike, you can compare specs and features till the cows come home but the real test is do I want to ride/play it every day.

Does it have that "wow" factor?
  5. Go the EDB, I refuse to come and watch you play if you buy the other crap :LOL:

I reckon PU is brand/ model of pick up

6. The EDB700 would appear to be the more versitile of the two. Certainly having the 3band equalising rathe than the standard tone knob allows a fair amount of room for playing with the sound.

Ultimately, it comes down to what you like. Stop looking at them and go in and play them. Then you will know. :)
  7. Ok i've gone for the iceman as the edb was quite heavy and didn't feel 'right'. Pick it up tonight after work. Now for a new amp....................