Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I can do whatever I want in my 2-tonne weapon...

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Ohmigosh, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Near miss with a cager who performed an illegal overtake on the left while I was following an L-plater who was indicating to turn right.

L-plater indicate nice and early (good on ya Mum) and began slowing for the turn. I throttled off and checked my mirrors and confirmed that the cager was still behind me.

We approached the L-plater's turn and slowed some more and I began to drift left so I could pass the L-plater safely as they turned and as I did so I glanced in my mirror and it was full of car. The 60yo+ driver accellerated into the gap between me and the kerb and then passed the L-plater as they turned before having to swerve pretty hard back into the middle of the lane to avoid a parked car.

My left foot was about 30cms from the vehicle.

Words such as "idiot" and "fool" and "moron" were delivered at the next set of lights.

Didn't stuff up my day though as I had a good ride!

Video linked here

Love my GoPro!

Fun Ha!
  2. He was just filtering...
  3. grey haired set, need to be euthanized from the roads.
    kill or be killed, the choice is yours.
    should have just blown his head clean off at the lights.

"sorry mate i di...NOO PLEASE DON'T KILL MEEE !!"

*click click BOOM!*
  4. Did you apply any brake when you throttled off?
  5. Nice footage.
  6. I've noticed more and more that people aren't prepared to wait behind right-turners any more.
  7. memorise this for next time:

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, CAGER ??
  8. Nah - No brake. Engine compression was dealing with it nicely.

Fun Ha!
  9. :rofl:

And I looked at the sawn-off shottie hanging on the wall by the front door when I left home this morning and said "Nah - its Saturday - Only need 'ole Bessie' for the commute to work" then kicked my Pit Bull, hopped onto the bike and headed off.

Fun Ha!

10. I would happily make room in the 'grey box' on the postie bike in order to carry a Smith & Wesson Model 29. "Don't like the way I'm delivering your mail huh?" or "What's that? You don't want me riding on your lawn?" [​IMG]
  11. But you were slowing down for a car which was about to turn right. Touching the rear brake just enough so it lights up is a good idea.
  12. Yep - Certainly worth thinking about in the future.

Don't reckon it would have stopped old mate though :) He was coming through no matter what!

Fun Ha!
  13. or L-platers...

Great footage, make sure you post a copy to the police with a complaint about this drivers inability to give way.
  14. Not to mention clearly crossing over an unbroken lane divider.
  15. Stop encouraging people to send things to the police. HTFU, no one got hurt.
  16. I watched the video and it appears that you too were intending on illegally overtaking the learner on the left instead of waiting for the learner to finish the right hand turn. You drifted left (were you indicating and did you head check before changing lane?) but was beaten to it by the car behind you.

Complaining about him overtaking illegally on the left when you too wanted to do the same?

17. hi, you are?

oh nice to meet you.

oh i'm sorry.

on another note the only character I can think of that says mmmkay is mr garrison.... you aren't mr garrison are you?
  18. Nice first post.

You have no idea on what my intentions were. So I can only assume you were guessing. Even after watching the video.

Rather than guess - Let's review the video.

I slowed to let the L-plater do their stuff and drifted left to ensure I was better positioned to manouver if needed. Old mate shot up on the inside of me and over took both me and the L-plater. The L-plater continued their turn and then I continued up the road. I did not illegally overtake and none of the video action even suggest that or that I intended to. Except, it would appear, in your mind.

I have no idea where you are based so you could be in Spain - So here's a link to the NSW Road Rules 2008 that defines overtaking...

Specifically Reg 141 No overtaking etc to the left of a vehicle

Want to try again?

Fun Ha!

19. u have no idea, in NSW you are allowed to overtake another motorcycle in the same lane