Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I Brought my Bike! (UPDATED with pic)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Roar2Life, Jan 24, 2007.

1. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: So i'm up here in Townsville working away to be able to afford my bike and BAM!!! I drive past a Kawasaki GPX for sale. Inquire about it, have a motorcycling friend check it out and brought it. It's a 1998 model, red with purple trim, 39 000kms, luggage system, full service history, guy wanted $4000, I gave him $3500. Now all I need is my licence...

Had my first go on a bike on the weekend at Q-Ride and I looked like this :grin: the whole day. It's a lot easier than I expected or maybe i'm just a fast learner. Anyway, I passed the first 'level' so now I can go onto level 2 (there's 3 levels). Hopefully i'll have my licence within a couple of weeks.

Here's a pic of my baby.

Only problem is the rail in Townsville got shut down because of the flooding so at the moment my baby's still stuck in Townsville

2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for u roar - look forward to seein sometime..... :)
  3. Hehe, good for you R2L.

My old ZZR is probably still somewhere up there in Townsville. Watch out for other drivers on all those roundabouts there. Had too many close calls to count.
  4. Re: I Brought my Bike!

well it's about time :p

5. Sweet as Roar, post up some pics. Should organize a ride when you get back in town. Chop chop on the licence! :)
  6. Congrats R2L!! :dance:

Maybe one day you will bring your little gpx to melbourne. :p

now go get ye L's
  7. Grats, they're a fun bike :LOL:
  8. Major congrats Roar, now for the licence.
  9. bought a gpx for $3500?....sweet. and yeah gpx250 is as sweet as .... :)

you gonna luuuuurv that twin, congrats dude!
  10. Congrats on the bike and good luk in obtaining your L's, the gpx is a sweeeeeet bike ive just sold mine and im waiting to pick up my new venture
  11. Congratulations mate, your gonna love your GPX.

Now....... licence!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  12. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Well done
  13. Well if you look at the top post you can see my baby :)
  14. nice baby r2l.....

shame bout the weather stuff tho hey...... :?

u'll have to join us all soon for a ride......
  15. Nice one! Welcome to the family. :cool:
  16. Grats :)

Oh and +1 for not getting a CBR-RRRRrrrr... or a hair clipper as ihaveduff says =P
  17. That was a good find, i've been looking for a good 250 for a friend in Townsville but there getting harder to find with Q-Ride running.

You might have to wait till they fix the roads before riding. The amount of potholes that are around is just dangers. :cry:
  18. Congrats on the new bike.
    It's an awesome feeling ay?
  19. Awesome feeling alright. Today I took the day of school and brought all my motorbike gear AND my bike arrives from Townsville tonight or tomorrow so right now i'm extremely pleased.

P.S. God, Shoei helmets really are in a league of their own. So comfy...

Here's mine:

Image courtesy of www.mcas.com.au