Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I believe in angels...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by starlet, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Riding home from work this afternoon, sitting in the right lane...signal, headcheck - all clear until I am 1/4 of the way in the middle lane when all I see is a bright yellow Holden (or Ford) ute speed past me and slightly clip my left hand mirror, enough to make the bike wobble and me to yell %&$$ :shock: :shock: :shock:

It was a 70 zone and he would have easily been doing 100km/h, when he sped past me he was weaving in and out of all three lanes either completely oblivious that he could have done some serious damage or couldn't care less.

I know this is all part of motorcyling, but thank you to the angel that kept me upright...

2. Yep, most of the time skill has little to do with our survival on the road. Good to see that you're still with us and in one piece.
  3. Nasty. See if you were on a bigger bike you could have caught up so that you could use..

4. Don't forget to curse the angel which sent the ute :twisted:
  5. Hope your mirror left an expensive scratch on the tool's mirror/door.
  6. Well said.

7. That's true, thanks I'm glad too.

Phizog, I would have loved to use that............ on his face but to be honest I was too shaken up. Soon I will be on the project bike we're working on (zx2r) so that will give me a bit more power and prepare me for my CBR600rr :twisted:

devnull, that's not an angel but whatever that was I don't want to be near it.
  8. Just beleive in Karma, it will come back to him.
  9. I dunno about karma or angels, but it's pretty obvious if that dude keeps driving like that he will probably crash and die in a very short space of time. Hopefully taking his toothless evil-seeded children with him, as well as his track-marked cow of a defacto.
  10. Oh my :shock: How close did u come!!! That has never happened to me yet thank god, i normally see them coming and wait. I always check my mirrors, if i see a car weaving through the traffic i take extra precautions cause i know they will get to me sooner or later, and i know they are not caring about anyone else. Glad your ok :grin:
  11. Me too. 90 degrees is one of my favourites.
  12. C'mon Loz, I believe that Chengaleng is a little angel, and she isn't at 90 deg. At least not when I'm looking.
  13. complete tool and should be beaten with a really big stick and his precious ute should be beaten aswell. Main thing is that you are still upright and all good.
  14. Some of her best work is done at 90 degrees!