Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I am so ashamed....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Peaches, Jun 12, 2008.

1. of being Malaysian :evil:

KUALA LUMPUR: Vladimir A. Yarets is only slightly upset despite having his passport and valuables worth RM10,000 stolen from him last week.

The 67-year-old deaf biker from Belarus is confident that he will be able to circle the world according to his schedule, if his belongings are returned to him by next week.

After visiting 63 countries on board his trusted motorcycle in a span of eight years and completing a tour in Singapore on June 5, he made a pit stop at Simpang Renggam, Johor.

He woke up the next day to find that his passport, motorcycle licence and digital camera, among other valuables, had been stolen.

Vladimir turned for help to the Malaysian Federation of the Deaf (MFD), which highlighted his plight to the press.

He was somewhat saddened when he said that without his documents and camera, he would not be able to be inducted into the Guinness World Book of Records as the first deaf senior citizen to circle the world on a motorcycle.

He also said that despite this incident, he was confident he would be able to complete his round-the-world trip which he began on May 27, 2000, on his trusted BMW 650 GS bike.

MFD director Mohamad Sazali Shaari said a fund raiser would be organised to help Vladimir achieve his target.

Those interested in contributing financially can visit the official MFD website: www.mfd.org.my.

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Thursday/National/2265340/Article/index_html

Simpang Renggam is about 1.5 hours from the village where I come from as well. Bloody bastards. Makes me want to hit their heads with durian skins and plonk their knees with coconuts. :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. What a shame - that guy's an absolute legend.

Here's hoping he's able to regroup and get on the move again.
  3. Tidak Bagus :(
  4. *faints and dies*

OH MY GOD Vic YOU can speak Bahasa too???? Geeeeez and here I thought it was a dead language! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ya, berita ini tidak baik :cry:
  5. I used to ;)

I did 7 tours of Bali and one of Malaysia and was pretty good with my Bahasa.

2001 was my last trip to KL to watch the F1.

Don't use it lose it unfortunately.

Salamat Tingal
  6. I am very impressed indeed :eek: . Let me know if you're ever in Malaysia and I will take you to the best "makan" places in Johor Bahru and KL :wink:

7. You are on.

I had the best makan from a little restaurant at the Brickfields. Drunken Bullfrog soup.

My mate Mohan took me there, was fantastic. Then after the race on Sunday we had babi guling *drool*

I could go on an eating holiday in Malaysia/Bali/Thailand.

I was devastated on the Monday because I wanted to get up on the SkyDeck of the Petronas Twin Towers but all I got was "sorry, not on a Monday, there are meetings held there"

Tidak Bagus Orang :mad:

I might venture over there for the next F1 race.
  8. Oh, I thought you were ashamed because now everybody knows you like it up the exhaust pipe...

But I must say, being Malaysian is almost as bad... :p
  9. I was waiting to see how long it would take for the exhaust pipes to come out.....
  10. :eek: Loz I TOLD you I was referring to the news story about the bloke that stuck his cucumber in his V Dub, NOT what YOU were referring to. That's just feral. Urgh

ps - I have never heard of drunken bullfrog soup... is it Chinese? Oh my but babi guling... *salivates*.... you can get some pretty good ones in Sydney's Chinatown...
  11. Peaches, you can tell us whatever you like, we know the truth. The more you deny it, the more we'll believe it :p
  12. i would be to if i rode a Honda pushbike. i still dont understand where the pedals fold up into, coz i cant see em.

ooooh the other stuff :p
    gaaah. thats pretty crap eh? you'd think he might have some other form of documentation to prove:
    A) he's been around the world
    8) he is a deaf senior citizen.

hope all is sorted for him soon enough!
  13. The person who stole the stuff must have been as low down as a tikus besar
  14. if they ever catch the scum
    they should do this to him/her/them
    [​IMG] :twisted:
  15. Thread diversion from elderly, deaf biker gets robbed, through language and food, to an anal sex joke in 8 moves. That's got to be some kind of record :grin: .
  16. u missed capital punishment patb :p
  17. I seriously have no idea how these things happen. :? . I post up something of a serious nature and BAM! All craziness breaks loose.

And what is it with people here knowing bahasa? It's freaky!

ps - I second tunelliner's suggestion, although I'd much prefer this:

Shariah law requires an eye for an eye. I hope the thieve's fingers get caught in some nastiness that would see him stopped from thieving forever! :evil:
  18. Peaches after some innocent questions that got derailed I think I speak for all that we log on to your threads because craziness is assured :grin: :tantrum:
  19. My bahasa never got much past "awah nampuk chanthik malum ini" (not sure of the spelling, but I practiced saying it nightly in "Beach Club" when I was working in KL.

nasib baik
  20. I'm with PatB on this one. We got off-topic?

What's a picture of a noose got to do with anal sex?