Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I am an Addict

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by UglyFish, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. During the last few days the weather has been so miserable. Snuck out for a short spin to the gym had a coffee and as to be expected, it started spitting so hiked it back home with a few rain drops on my baby. :evil:

This evening having a drink on the deck, the sun came through some heavy clouds so – should I, shouldn’t I, yehh lets go for a spin, donned on the gear, but before I could even fire up my meanie it started spitting – back in I go and back on the deck with the drink checking out the clouds. :roll:

Does anyone else love riding to the point of addiction?

2. Sorry, but you're not addicted until you don't give a sh*t about the rain, in terms at least of deciding to go out. Even for a big ride, come Sunday morning if a storms approaching, it simply means wet weather gear, not coffee! :)

Oh, and don't worry about those rain drops on the bike - don't got rust, don't got a real bike! :wink:
  3. How are you addicted when you shit yourself with the first signs of rain? [​IMG] [​IMG]

& you supposedly an Alysses club member?

Good one Stamous [​IMG]

4. Sorry, mate, I have to agree with the others; addiction is not weather-dependent
  5. i think i'm an addict riding on the weekend when i couldn't see more than 20 feet from fog, and since i got the bike have never driven the car to work again no matter what the weather, would rather freeze in the highlands on the bike than sit in my heated cage, and when i'm working i'm always counting down till knockoff so i am back on the bike to go riding with the mrs' or my own, in the last 3 months have visited more of the area than the previous 5 years living and driving around here put together
  6. i did 5000Kms in the forst 21 days!! :oops: i'd make an excuse to cancel clients to go for a ride!!! Oh i need my bike back!!
  7. You should've gone for the ride. Agree with the others, the addiction hasn't hit you yet.
  8. - Buy some wets and get riding.
    - Sell your motorcycle.
    - Kill yourself.

Pick one.
  9. I got my learner's permit in late April, picked up my bike on the 6th May, riding home in the rain for part of the way.
    Since then, I have been riding more and more, getting more confident and more addicted, so much so, that I hate not riding my bike every day!
    No matter what the weather, though I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to my first ride during a hail storm :shock:
  10. I drive a thousand - plus kilometre day, come home to RAIN, and still go for a quick blatt, just to keep charge in the battery, y'know ;)

Dude, if you call what you have addiction...you are very much a Greenhorn.
  11. Wow, thanks people - love those encouraging and positive comments - very helpfull and upifting
  12. Don't take it so negatively, rack up those kilometres mate. My tongue is always firmly planted in cheek.
    Another rider on the road, is another ex-cager seeing the light. Rip it up when you can.
  13. Agreed, don't take it negatively lol
    It's just, your comment may have offended some some people...

It's like saying to a crack addict "I'm addicted to crack... Between 5-7pm on every third tuesday" or something similar haha

I know the feeling of not wanting to sleep, but just to get out and ride!!! At the moment, my feeling is to just get out there and fix my bike lol
  14. don't mind the haters...

not all bikes melt in the rain, hope you didn't break too many speed limits to "hike" it back home so you could admire it from the deck.

can you take a few photos of the back tire from different angles and post them here? that will surely shut the smart-asses up.
  15. Show me yours, and I'll show you mine. Oh, the e-penis thing. I WILL win.
  16. All I know is my bike was beautifully shined and polished and now it's rainmarked :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
  17. I really dont want to know how big it is :p hehehe
  18. i do! we can compare
  19. yeah, nah.
  20. Just keep riding. Eventually you'll end up somewhere where it's not raining.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.