Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I am a newbie!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by KerriD, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Hi - just found this site and, being a new rider, it has all the info I need (and more). Going for my P's soon so I guess I had better get riding rather than typing!

2. aww, there's always time for Netrider :LOL:

Welcome :)
  3. welcome to NR.
    if you're not to0 comfortable with riding, try and make your way to the saturday morning prac sessions at Homebush.
  4. welcome to NR
  5. Hi KerriD,

welcome, enjoy, have fun etc etc

And, I've gotta ask...are you h... errr, are you happy?
  6. really Fybre? :-O
  7. Welcome to NR and good luck with your P's (y)
  8. Hi - have seen posts about the practice sessions at Homebush. I am hoping to make it down there tomorrow (Saturday). Maybe make some new friends as well!
  9. Welcome to NR!
  10. Now that's more like it, a nice gentlemanly welcome

Hi Kerrie
  11. Hahahahahahaha - the jokes on me!! After riding down to Homebush for my first practice with other netriders my clutch died after 10 minutes. And it looked like so much fun too!!! That is fate paying me back for finally managing a u-turn in the box!!!!!!! :( Hopeing to be back there next Saturday.
  12. As you say there is always next week. :)
  13. Oh that was your bike getting towed? That sucks :(
  14. Yeah - sux big time. Although the cost of the clutch sux even more. I am still hoping to get there on Saturday - but is looking doubtful!!!!!
  15. Despite not actually getting to practice at Homebush for more than 10min (due to my stupid clutch) I finally got my bike back and somehow managed to blitz my P's!!! I have to admit that luck (and the weather) was in my favour this time!!! Gee, my red p's look good on my red bike! Looking forward to coming down to Homebush at some stage anyhow.
  16. Congratulations KerriD, Now get out there and ride. :)
  17. Welcome to NR. (y)
  18. Congrats on the 'P's KerriD, lottsa luck going round by the sounds of it, be a regular at hombush on sat morns and get into the experienced ears there for good riding pointers, and jump on there learner rides as well, nothing beats a group ride where everyone is enjoying and achieving the same thing, safe riding and encouragement all round. :)
  19. Welcome to NR!

Did you get your clutch fixed? What bike/year was it? Could you feel something was different with your clutch just before it broke?
  20. Hey - will definitely have to come down to Homebush at some stage in the next few weeks - sounds like fun!!! I did feel the clutch beginning to go but, being unfamiliar with anything even remotely mechanical, thought it was just me. I have a 2003 Honda VTR250. The friction point on the clutch was moving further and further out and it was starting to make a strange slipping when I changed gears. All is good now!!!! \\:D/