Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HyperKewl Vest = awesome (1 previous review linked)

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by MadAzz300, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Sorry if I shouldn't be reviewing a product again, but it's a great invention. If my post needs to be deleted - please proceed (y)

HyperKewl review by Chef

I was looking around for summer gear and came across the HyperKewl cooling vest. It claims to keep you cool for 5 - 10 hours just by soaking it in water for 5 - 15 mins, wringing out the excess.

Of course, I was skeptical at first, but I thought anything that might keep me from baking in the sun has to be worth a go.

I bought one off ebay, soaked it as per instruction, chucked it on under my armoured jacket - and I had an *OMG* moment - I didn't feel hot in the 35c heat we experienced in the west (Sydney) recently.

Sitting in stationary traffic for 10 minutes did not worry me but my arms suffered a bit. In my haste I did not see the vest that is specifically made for motorcycle riders... so I'll be getting this one too.

My clothing did not get wet (minor dampness on my jacket - nothing on my tshirt), and my skin was cool to the touch when I got home. I guess if you do alot of travelling, or find yourself sitting in traffic alot, this might be worth buying.

Wimpy? Maybe. Worth it? Definately.

2. I'm pretty sure I've seen a bunch of these at work somewhere - might have to offer to do some testing for them!
  3. Let us know how you go NK (y)

The true test will come when my boss buys some for my container unloaders. The boxes are in full sun 80% of the day and the temp reaches up and over 60c (worse on 40 degree days). They'll be wearing the vest and bandana - I'll post thier results later.
  4. Would be good for QLD summers. Might need to grab one.