Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured Hyosung GV650 clutch noise issue?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by birdman1985, May 19, 2015.

1. Hey there, been searching for a while for a solution to a problem I have been having and have come up with a solution but on a foreign site.

My Hyo GV650 has a knocking/bearing noise at idle with the clutch out and when decelerating. I think I've narrowed it to either the clutch basket nut being loose or an issue with carb syncing.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    If I'm to pull the clutch cover off is there anything else I should do? Someone suggested replacing the thrust bearing and thrust washer (how do I find a part number)?

Thanks guys I know someone on here will help with my wife and my learner bike.

Mitch.

2. Welcome, don't think we can help with your wife, there isn't a wife repair thread as far as I know. :)

In terms of your bike I would get a service manual as a prerequisite if you are going to work on the bike. You may get more specific info on korider.com

3. Haha, thanks for that, I don't think any thread can help with those sorts of issues!

Korider.com is where I got the info from and it's been helpful. I'll try and source a better manual and see if there's codes in it.
    Thanks cjvfr