Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyosung GV250

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Scottie, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Hi guys!
    I'm planning on getting my Learners permit very soon, and have only recently started researching motorcycles that I'd like.
    I have my eye set on the Hyosung GV250, but since I don't know too much about bikes, and have never ridden before, I was hoping to get some advice.

Does anyone own or have ridden one of these? Are there any good articles I should read? What should I look for when buying a new bike?

Any feedback will be appreciated.
  2. Hi and welcome.

Get a second hand honda or suzuki yamaha 250 cruiser ,for about $3000-$5000. ride it for a year and you will resell it for "at worst" $1000 less then you paid ,thats if you looked after it.

The HYO is an ok bike gets ok reviews from bike magazines over the last 12 months.
    But it will be hard to sell ,and you won't get much trade in for it .
    just my 1c.
  3. hi Scottie. i bought a GV 250 a year after i got my learners and love it. one important thing to look at is were you are located. in Victoria there is no LAMS programe so a 250CC bike can be easier to sell. if you are in a LAMS state then i would offer different advice. let us know
  4. What is LAMS?
  5. Be aware that recent articles in the media have suggested that LAMS IS going to be introduced in Victoria. That's not to say the bottom is going to drop out of the 250 market (although getting rid of Sumoto would be good) so trade in values on any bike are purely speculation.
    To the OP. Sit on as many bikes as you can. Hysoung Prices are cheap enough to make them worthy of consideration especially because of the 2 yr warranty. The DO get good reviews (250's) and having owned a Hyosung I would say they are great bike to learn on. Plenty of torque from the v-twin and still manageable for a learner to learn on!!
    my .02c
  6. sorry scotty LAMS is a programe were a learner rider can ride a larger capacity bike though generally restricted in power. in VIC a learner can only ride a bike up to 260cc the power that the bike produces has no bearing i think a lams bike can be 650 or 700cc but there is a power restriction.