Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyosung GV 650 Cruiser

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Bravus, May 24, 2008.

1. Heard a lot here about the Hyosung sportsbikes and the issues with them - and pretty much know all the opinions on all sides there.

Just wanted to try to gauge whether people have heard or experienced much, good bad or indifferent, about their 650 cruiser?

If the cash flow situation allowed I'd be looking at the Honda and Yamaha 650/750 alternatives, but it kinda doesn't, and if the decision was between a 250 and the Hyosung, for similar money...

Waddaya reckon? Help me get The Boss on two wheels - but obviously the experience will be better if they're not always broken down!

2. Buy Hyojunk at your own peril..............

3. The engines don't fail as often as the GT because they have the lower tune version, the tanks have had an issue with splitting and leaking, the plastic chrome departs early on. There were some rear shock issues early on, and as everyone knows the bars fell off...

27 pages of stuff here --> http://www.alternativecruisers.com/index.php?topic=967.0

4. Cool, thanks, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

OK, moving on in the search - I think maybe the Virago 535 is the next decent midsize option in terms of price, though fairly rare.

5.  Top
  6.  Top
  7. Well, that and he's trying to sell it. ;)

8. Maybe this bike is just so good he wants to share it with someone else. :LOL:

9. For the price a reasonable bike and if it gets the boss on side, why not?

10. good choice mate, good to see you where thinking about getting one :wink:

11. I was seriously contemplating getting one as my first bike until I changed direction a little and went down the dual-purpose route.

Most of the reviews I read were actually pretty good, but nearly all of them put reliability down as an unknown quantity so buyer beware.

12. Probably his first bike :wink:

13. again rear brakes, powder coating on frame fcuks up when the tanks seam does split the petrol bubbles and corrodes it nice and quick, magic black smoke appears frequently with no sign of cause

14. He hasn't been on the boards for months, but Pete the Freak has a 650 crusier, and he loves it, had no mechanical issues at all......

15. Sounds just like the early Jap factory customs :wink: .

I always thought the XV535 was one of the nicest styled little cruisers and perfect for a small rider who didn't dwarf it.

A mate in the UK had one for a while and reckoned that it was reliable and pleasant to ride, but dissolved if ridden on salty roads (not a problem here).

16.  Top