Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyosung GV 250 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by biker one, Jul 16, 2006.

1. I'm a newbie to bikes, well I have had my licence for over 20 years but only now am I getting around to using it.
    Have been looking around at 250 Cruisers. The one I'm looking at maybe buying is the Hyosung GV250.
    I also love the Yamaha XVS 250, have found plenty on here about this one, but not to much on the Hyosung.
    Thouhts from owners would be great.

2. Hi
    I saw you have had no replies so I will answer!

I am completely new to bikes and can't help out too much - but just bought one of these myself (the GV250 that is). I was weighing up all the 250 cruisers and which one to get. I was first told by a good friend to get the Virago (and I believe that the XVS is the same engine as the Virago, just looks better for about an extra $2000 - $3000 or something)- it did have some great reviews, but.... the look of it just didn't do it for me, and also found a few people saying it just didn't have enough ooomphh and struggled over 90km/hr. The kawasaki eliminator 250 looks lovely, but I thought maybe a little too big for my first bike as I can't ride yet!

The suzuki 250??? maybe??

Honda doesn't do one anymore

Then I saw the GV250 and fell in love with the looks. I am slightly concerned about the quality of the chrome - have seen on 7000km bike covered in rust and bubbles, but then I also saw another one, same kms, in lovely condition.

My hubby rode the GV250 back from the shop for me - a 70km trip on a mix of city roads and rural highway. He said it had absolutely no trouble keeping up at 110km/hr - he took it to 120 km/hr and he said it had a bit more in it. He was quite impressed with it for a 250 (his last bike was a 1000cc). We have also been out on it together and it handled the two of us pretty well.

And the other thing I liked was the bigger fuel tank (14l vs 9l for the virago although maybe fuel consumption is more, I don't know).

And the price was pretty good too. I just got it for $6800 inc on road costs, windshield and saddle bags. I didn't really haggle for that price - maybe you could get it cheaper? whilst the Virago at the moment is $5990 or thereabouts at the moment inc on-road costs. The XVS is quite a bit more I believe.

Can't tell you any more until I learn to ride it properly!!

3. All I can do is comment on Hysoung in general, I have had mine for about 7 months and done 11,000kms with no real issues at all.

Couple of loose nuts here and there but I am a bit anal and check them every time I wash the bike.

So with a two year warranty they seem like not a bad bike.

I don't like the look of the Virago, but the GV250 does look pretty good.

Anyway don't think you can go wrong with either bike, someone once said that if the bike turns you on get it. :LOL:

4. WOW thanks heaps for the replys, I didn't think that I was going to get any at all. Is good to get first hand opnions. I think it will be a great bike for the money. I have been back for another look and I dod like the look of it.
    I dont think the XVS is worth another $2400

You did very well to get the GV 250 for that price including windshield and bags.
    I think I will have to haggle a bit.

Thanks again.

5. Biker one

I'm another happy Hyosung owner. Not the GV but the GT250. No real problems, bike is going well now almost a year old.

Give it a really good test rider before you buy it cause until then your just guessing.

cheers and good luck.