Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyosung gtr 250

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by raycarty, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the hyosung gtr 250's? I'm thinking of buying one but would like some good/bad feedback on them if anyone knows anything about them..... cheers Ray

2. Do a search and you'll quickly find out they aren't well liked.

3. For good reason.

4. Have one for sale now! That I need to get rid of (dog requires $@&))@ expensive surgery so needs to be gone)

5. Deja vu!

Ray, I asked a similar question when I first joined (I was asking about the GT650 EFI) and what I got was basically "ughhh, hyosungs are pretty poor quality, buy one if you must but don't complain to us when it spends more time being fixed that you spend riding it".

Searching around here gives pretty similar results, and to be honest, they do just seem pretty cheap and nasty.

I decided to take the advice and stay away :)

6. I've got a 2006 hyo gt250r at the moment. Bought it third hand over a year ago with the intention of using it during my L and P plate period. Though I don't doubt it is of cheaper build quality than the other main brands, i can honestly say i haven't had a single mechanical problem with it.

My bike will be up for sale soon if you want it...Going to be upgrading when I get my full licence at the end of the month :)

7. Thank you all for the reply... I ended up buying it new off the floor it comes with a 2 yr unlimited k warranty so if anything goes wrong i'll take it back..... i intend on up grading when the warranty is up anyway.... went on a ride today seems to handle well and has a bit of go for a 250, really enjoyable bike to ride but will see in a few months after i load the k's up..

8. Jphanna has one and loves it
    He had quite a few initial problems and
    Had them sorted under warranty

U can pm.him hes pretty cool

9. I can't quite work out why you asked for advice when your mind was obviously already made up, but at the end of the day if you're happy then good for you.

Enjoy the new ride :)

10. That just means they'll fix it, so get your bus money ready.

They tend to spend a lot of time in the shop waiting on parts...

And that warranty doesn't cover the $100 odd recovery to get it back to the shop from the back of nowhere...

11. Not a fan of the hyos (i know i bought 3 shh haha) and it took 2 weeks and 3 days to recieve a gear lever hahaha! so takes a while for parts sorry to say and not the best ride ><

let me know how it goes mate.

12. Ahh, so it's another "should I buy a Hyo", "resounding NO", "thanks, I bought one anyway" threads.

They're always fun :roll: