Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyosung GT650R

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by FlukeMasteR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. TOP BIKE!

2. Its Good for the price.

3. No Good, Waste of Money

1. I have been looking at the Hyosung gt650r's and just want some opinions on the machine before I buy it.

2. LMFAO!! :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, mate, you sound like you really want one and are just hoping enough people will agree with you that you won't feel bad about doing it. I think their UN-reliability has been proven already. However, if you're so hell-bent on getting a Hyo, just do it already...
  3. you get a warranty so....thats a plus.
  4. They advantage of a warranty is that you don't have to haemorrhage money while they have your bike for long than you. If you treat it as a time share you'll be happier I have a fortnight in August.
  5. Hyosungs are super dooper awesome... I mean, they look like REAL SPORTS BIKES, and they're CHEAP! How could you not buy one?
  6. Mate, you've even got Hyosung bike owners telling you not the buy the things.

Most bikes develop an almost fanatically loyal following. Aside from the odd person who chose completely the wrong bike for them, or the occasional lemon as always happens, the vast majority of bike owners will be all too happy to wax lyrical about their bike and how much they love it.

When you ask if some bike is good, and NO owners come out of the woodwork to tell you how great that bike is, but there are a number of owners that tell you it's bad, then that's a huge warning bell about the size of continental Australia ringing right there.

Your choice. Your money. People have given their opinions, and if you're determined to buy one then don't bother about what anyone else thinks. Clearly you're not listening anyway.
  7. I have a GT250R. (Sorry every1) but when the time comes 2 up grade i'm not and i repeat i'm not getting another 1 (250 or 650, Sports or Crusier)
  8. 1. Ride something cheap on your L's. Sounds like you'd enjoy a CBR250.
    2. When on full's, buy a 2-3 year old SV650 or ER-6n for the price of a new hyo
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
  9. Buy a second hand GS500, ride it till you know what you're doing, then sell it for what you paid for it (or more if you got a real good deal when buying). Then go buy a decent new or 2nd hand bike to keep for a while.
    If you still want a Hyo they should have either fixed the problems with the 650 by then and/or released the 1000cc version (or just buy an SV).
  10. Ah...
    The cost saving from making these kind of bikes has to come out of somewhere.....
  11. How do you spell Shit hyosung bike is spelt :grin: KAWASAKI
  12. Thanks for the help guys i really needed to be pushed away from the hyosung it was a magnet.

Im going to get something cheep buit reliable to help me through my P's then hopefully get a gixxer600, i wanted one before but there not Learner legal :(
  13. Go to www.korider.com forum to get constructive feedback from 'actual' Hyo owners.

As for myself, I have a 07 GT650R, and I reckon it's a great bike for the money. With braided brake lines & an exhust the bike is sweet. It's not a great sports bike, but it is a great all-rounder. The only real bike to compare it to IMO is a SV650, and I'd rather a Hyo then a SV any day.

But, if your more interested in what everyone else thinks of your bike, then what you think of your bike, buy a big brand bike for more money or a half shagged 2nd hand one for the same price as a new Hyo.

It's funny how so many people who've never ridden a Hyo bagg'em, yet every bike mag that reviewed (rode) a Hyo stated it was a great value for money bike, and surpased their expectations.
  14. If that's what you want to get down the track, look at the LAMS 4 cylinder sporties as a starter if you want something in the same vein (but obviously less ballsy).

Why? :?
  15. Honestly I was extremely open to buying a Hyosung, I hold no prejudice.

But I was put off by the number of Hyosung riders ripping on them. Riding one once wouldn't change my opinion, I'm sure they're fine new, but the long term prospectus of ownership as accounted for here, appears dodgy.
  16. I have met hyo owners who have nothing bad to say about them, and I have met hyo owners who have had them in the shop longer than on the road.
    Bying a Hyo is a real roll of the dice.
    Personaly I don't gamble but if I did, I would see the price of a bike as a big gamble, and putting my life in the hands of that gamble is an even nastier prospect.

At the end of the day it is your call, but how much is being able to rely on your bike from both a reliability and safty viewpoint worth to you?
  17. Sure, you get a bit for the $$$, but there's been too many reliability issues with them. Wait a few years for them to sort their sh*t out and things might change.

FTR, I don't have to have ridden a Hyo to hear the horror stories from owners. As far as I'm concerned, they're the sportbike equivalent of a Harley.
  18. Oh don't worry, I've ridden them :)