Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hyosung gt250r stalls & sputters @ 65+mph

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ihaveablack250r, Nov 18, 2007.

1. hey guys, i have a brand new 08 hyosung gt250r that has about 670 miles on it. ever since i bought it, whenever i go at a constant speed of 65+ the bike stalls and rpm dies. i then have to turn on the choke and fight with it to start it back up. this only happens when i go over 65. i can drive all day under 65 but once i reach that speed, the bike stalls. can anyone help me?

2. Thanks for the nice intro for your first post.
    WTF is up with posting on a forum a problem like this?
    It's a new bike so take it back to where you got it from and ask them.
  3. Get your local mechanic to check your fuel tank breather line, and your fuel filter. Sounds like an air lock kinda problem. If there is not enough air getting into the top of the tank, or fuel through the line, then it will cause problems like those you are describing.
  4. In other words, to test this theory which is quite plausible, open the fuel cap just enough to let air in but not splash fuel all over you, and see if you can keep riding.

But why don't you take it back to your dealer? :)

Trevor G