Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyosung Gt250r Efi Strange Noise

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by Slazer, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I just have bought the Hyosung gt250r efi 2010, it has run 5200 km.
    Unfortunately, today my wife dropped it when I was teaching her :-(
    Since this I have a strange noise and some scratches.. :-(((
    When I turn the motorbike off, it makes a strange noise, I've got the video of this.

Is it ok? I didn't pay attention before, I rode it two times..

How to paint these scratches:

Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. It sounds like the fuel pump, but louder. Perhaps the drop has bent the fuel pump mounting and the pump is pressing against the tank which is acting like a sounding board and making it louder? But at the end there seemed to be a sparking/buzzing sound that didn't sound normal.

3. She dropped it very very slowly without moving..
    I guess the fuel pump could be a problem..
    What should I do?

4. Either find a workshop manual online and find out where the fuel pump is and investigate, or take it to a bike mechanic to get them to investigate.

5. Welcome to owning a hyosung - take it to a hyo dealer to get them to diagnose it then decide what you'll do from there?

6. I wrote an email to dealer and got a response:

Hi Sergey,

A service on your bike will be $220 plus parts (like oil, spark plugs etc). It has a 4000km service interval, so if it has done 2000kms since the last one, it will be due in 2000kms. I would need to see the panels to work out if we can paint them or not. There are some relays under the seat that can make noise for a few seconds after the ignition is turned off. When you are ready to get your bike serviced, give me a call to get it booked in.

Best regards,

Drew Sheepway
    CLOSE MOTORCYCLES Pty Ltd
    15 REGENT ST, REDFERN, NSW 2016
    Ph:02 9319 6811 Fax:02 8399 1621

7. don't take it to the dealer. they wont help unless the bike is still under warenty. your best bet is to go over to Korider.com and ask the same question. There are a lot of guys who can point you in the right direction.

8. #8 Zealous, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Sounds like fuel pump to me, but I can also hear the relay.

In regards to the starter relays, when my battery is completely dead my relay will sound similar to this but not as loud. What happens when you attempt to start the bike? I'm curious if you can hear that noise over the sound of the engine.

Take the seat off and inspect the electrical system. The relay is located near the rear brake master cylinder so check to make certain the connections are tight. The fuel pump should also be inspected.