Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyosung brake issue

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Maplesyrup, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Alright...here is issue 1 with my hyo.
    I've noticed the rear break was quite weak. So I had my tyres changed (my god they are slippery!) and he mechanic suggested I change the rear brake pad. I said yes, thinking that would be the reason. Well the pistons seized out, and finally when they got them in the rear brake would not work. They tried pretty hard to get them working but they are fairly stuck.
    They believe that the rear master cylinder is to blame. SO can I wack any old master cylinder on there? I heard that cbr 250 or 600 cylinders fit, not sure if that is true or not?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Hi Syrup,
    Rear brake seizure is common for Hyo's. I had some issues with mine when the rear wheel came off for chain replacement.

I'm not sure if other parts will fit, but replacements can be found at http://www.hyosungsource.com/