Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyo two fiddy's last ride

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Rabbito, Apr 30, 2010.

1.  Top
  2. Sad mate - how many k's did it have on her?

3. Did you use your phone for that?

4. authors seat is a real suspension tester for anything set up firm.

was it under wty still?

5. loving the deep purple soundtrack :)

6. That sucks man. Time for a bigger bike?
    Get onto Morn Pen MC as they have good rides around the area.
    Give us a pm for more details.

Cam

7. Thanks for the replies guys,The vision was captured using a small point and shoot digital camera mounted on the handlebars....here's a linky to the mount http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DC-IG-B05-Bi...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ca9476042

I bought her second hand for 3000 bucks, I put 36 thousand and something K's on her before she carked it. It was going to cost 1600 for a new donk and a few hundred more coz the fuel tank has a rust spot that caused a small hole to appear...plus labour. So long story short I sold her to a wrecker and now ride a shiny GS500F...if you see a blue and white blur on the peninsular roads..it's probably me ;-)

8. can you give a detailed description of the lead up to the failure? Focusing on any symptoms prior, noises, performance issues, Vibration etc...?

Having an adequate description could save someone else from a serious failure if they can pick it up early enough.

Sad luck on the bike, but Good luck on the new one!

9. I only noticed that she sounded a bit rattly when she was cold..once warmed up there was no indication that she was about to grenade. I was cruising at about 80 when she hiccuped and then lost power..she then made some real expensive sounds before coming to a halt. Once I had my lid off I cranked her over...it sounded like a marble in a tin of nails..in a spin dryer. That was when I knew it was terminal.