Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyo GV250 speedo...

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Bluefreak, Nov 1, 2007.

1. So i bought my partner one of these little cruisers and I have to say, so far it's been an absolute joy to own...

One Issue I have, is with the speedo being out by, as best we can judge, 12kph - 100 indicated is 88 actual.

I haven't approached PS Ringwood yet, was wondering if this may be common and is it likely PS will squirm at a warranty fix...???

2. i have the gt250r, and it seems to be opposite. When im doing 100 the speedo says 107
  3. Isn't that what the OP is saying?

Anyway, its not uncommon for the speedo to be off by that much and its fairly common for hyosungs from what I've heard. My zzr speedo is off by a bit under 10% 100 actual speed = about 110 indicated speed

Its normal for speedos to be optimistic - prevents people from trying to sue them when they get speeding fines, etc.
  4. Same same, When she's actually doing 100, the speedo reads ~112. The ADR's state the speedo must not read lower than 10% of the indicated value, I'm hoping this may be enough to force their hand in a warranty fix if they squirm...

Thanks for the reply Meph...
  5. silly me, you guys are right, it is the same.

Its good the speedo is like that when its 1 or 2 k's, myself i was getting tailgated everywhere, now its only like 50% of the time.