Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hydraulic Clutch bleed problems -FZ750

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by linerunner, Nov 10, 2006.

1. OK. This morning the friction point had moved to about half a cm from the bar, if that, which I dont much like. I pumped them (quite a) few times and the friction point moved back to where it should be but after the bike had been sitting for awhile (at work), when I went back to it the friction point was back at the bar.

How could this happen? How can it move around so freely?
    Obviously I need to bleed it, but Ive had trouble in the past. I took it to a dealer and they replaced the plates and told me that they couldnt get it to bleed properly (they also replaced the master cyclinder (from a wrecker) and installed a new piston and seal in there because they thought that this was the reason it wouldnt bleed). This was the problem that Id had myself, which was why I took it in in the first place. There was just air coming out with the fluid when I pumped them and I'd originally gone through about a litre of fluid and there was still loads of air. So I took it in.

They said that they had fixed it by using a syringe to pump the fluid in through the master cyclinder. I have a syringe at home which I bought especially, in case I had problems down the line (here I am). No I am not a junkie, in case you are wondering.

Im afraid that if I bleed them I might make it worse. Someone told me that if air gets in the clutch you need a vacuum pump. I use this bike to commute so I cant afford to have it off road for too long so I want to know as much as I can before I do anything.

Does anybody have any advice/suggestions?