Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hydraulic clutch and brake bleed problems, FZ750

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by linerunner, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Can anybody help?
    I bled the front brakes and replaced the fluid last week, and of course instant improvement. But Im starting to think that a week on, the bite in them is starting to fade. Is it normal for fluid to leak around the edge of the bleed valve? Where they screw into the calipers, so its like the fluid is coming past the actual thread. This was only during the bleeding process itself and I checked that it wasnt because I had unscrewed them more than half a turn, but there was still fluid leakage. Is that normal?

the friction point on the clutch is starting to get too close to the bars for my liking and theres no way to adjust the actual lever. I want to replace the fluid but Ive had problems. Last time I had major work I had the clutch plates replaced and they told me they had lots of trouble bleeding the clutch after. I also had trouble before doing it too though. They said they needed to use a syringe to get the liquid in. I heard somewhere that Id need a vacuum pump to get the air out as well. So I dont want to start messing with it and make a mistake that puts it off road because I need it to get to work. Does anybody have any idea about this?