Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hyabusa powered VW Golf!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pringa8, May 17, 2007.

1. ah- but can it reverse? :p
  2. Meh, there's a mob in the UK that fit bike engines into small cars - pretty sure they were fitting minis with a turbo busa engine at each end :shock: :grin: (with an optional electric reverse).
  3. Wow!

Imagine if that engine was in something even lighter!
  4. I reckon it would be a good replacement for all those 4AG/SR20 motors that go in Clubmans!
  5. Ktulu, you mean like a bike? and let me think, it could be called busa :)
  6. And who needs reverse when you can whip the tail round on the spot! :LOL:

7. HAHAHA no, that's a silly name. No-one would calla bike that
  8. I just remembered, Radical Racecars (gay name I know, but the cars are awesome) use Hyabusa motors. There was one running in AF2/Supersports in NSW and QLD State Series and just smashed all the competition and that was without a turbo! The series in UK have them running with turbos!

9. Mate of mine just picked up the carcass of a sit-down jetski from his boss. We're toying with the idea of dropping a Gixxer engine into it... Maybe we shoudl go with a 'busa instead...
  10. Oh dear god, ive poked a hole in my desk now!!! :oops: :LOL:
  11. #14 pringa8, May 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  12. Dunno, but the site does say it's also been fitted with twin ZX-9 or ZX-12 engines.
  13. That VW golf is a crack up. Imagine seeing that happen at traffic lights, it'd blow some fully sick commodores away, o my gawds. :LOL:
  14. It has 2 holes in the floor so you can use your legs
  15. who cares about the car, i would rather have vicky butler-henderson thanks
  16. In terms of putting bike engines into road cars in Aus, the engineering is not the challenge - the problem is emissions rules. Sir, is your Busa engineered car EURO 3 certified? No? Oh well. For the record, a grand total of two motorcycle engined clubmans (built by a pair of brothers) are known to have ever made it through the regs in the fair state of NSW. Vic having the mandate on rigidity has never had a one, and apparently pretty much anything goes in WA :wink:

The NSW cars where pretty amazing with a driverless curb weight of 440kg and a busa engine. Last one to sell made $65k (apparenlty >$100k went in to getting them built and road legalled - IM240 emissions tests etc not cheap).

If your just looking for race options there are plenty out there - Vortex and Arrow to name a few locals.
  17. #20 Gromit, May 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015