Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Huuuge Human

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by wedge, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Why is it that so many people think that being tall means you cant ride a motorbike? :(

I stand at 6"7' :grin:, and no i don't play basketball :wink:
    I haven't as yet started riding due to a lack of funds for bike and gear, etc, but when i get to talking to people about what i dream of doing, it becomes nearly a battle to make them believe that i will be able to ride.
    I love the sleek designs of the sports bikes and have sat on a number of bikes ranging from 250 to the litre bikes, i'm quite in proportion and fit comfortably on most bikes.
    I look foward to the end of the year when i'll be able to jump on a bike and have that amazing feeling of riding as so many of you describe, and to show the non-believers that i can ride :grin: :grin:
  2. hmm i'm 6"4 and 110kgs and i can tell you that my 250 stage of riding was akin to watching Krusty the clown riding that lil bike through the wheel of death! :shock: But it's just a stage and the bigger bike makes it look a little more normal (i hope) :grin:
  3. Well I am 6'2" and ahem 95 kilos and I play basketball and ride a motor bike.

Being tall is not a hindrance it just means you have to set your bike up right, smae as being small I guess short people have to lower seats etc etc.

have fun and see you on the road.
  4. Holy cow u are huuuuuuge :eek:

Two questions for you:
    1. How big are your hands? :shock:
    2. Do you have a girlfiend? :wink:

Oh and who cares how tall you are? When it comes to motorbike riding I wouldn't let anything stop me. :grin:
  5. Getting a bit personal there :wink: :grin:
  6. is there a directionally proportional relationship between hand size and male anatomy size????? :LOL:
  7. Who said anything about male anatomy size??? You dirty girl :p :LOL:
    All I asked was how big his hands were, draw what inferences u will :LOL:

Muah ha ha ha. So do we have an answer to those Q's yet! :oops: :wink:
  8. *shakes head :LOL:
  9. I'm 6'3" and I get asked whether I play basketball all the time :?

I'm in exactly the same boat as you (saving up for a bike). I could start right now, but i'd completely bankrupt myself doing so. Also, I thought it wouldn't hurt if I waited till I turn 25 :grin:
  10. Being larger in height or weight will be a disadvantage for sure but unless you plan on racing it shouldn't really matter.
  11. You know things are bad when your everloving mother tells you you look like a Preying Mantis!! :shock: I'm only 6' tall and not large at all, though my choice of first bike was not fantastic in the 'cool-bikerider' stakes! :LOL:
  12. I'm 6'8" and had the same fears about finding a bike to fit me.
    Fortunately being in LAMs country I scored myself a bigger learner legal bike (Z650).

I rode my mates GPX250. Felt like I was trying to ride a kids bike :p
  13. Im 6 ft 4 and 100 kg and i ride a VTR because its one of the bigger 250s going around. And yes I do have big hands. :LOL: You know what they say about guys with big hands??

They wear BIG gloves! :LOL: :LOL:
  14. HEY, that's my saying, leave it alone :p
  15. OK Queeny, yes i do have big hands, i reckon i'd look a little funny with small ones and i have big feet but you know what that means :wink: Big socks and you know what that means, big shoes :wink:
    And for the girlfriend, i have great little woman :grin:

I appreciate the support from everyone else about this, like i said i have this passion to ride ever since my old man sat me on a bike, so im keen as to get out there and ride.
  16. I've checked out a few LAMS bikes that will accomodate my height, i fit quite comfortably on the ZZR250 and GS500F, but still dwarf em :grin: .
    I do dream like everyone else of the bigger bikes but that will come with time and experience.
    Im also not to big for my height, only 96kg so that should give me a broader range of bikes to choose from.

sjortry, havvvingg trroubbel typoing weithj my huughe hanndsa
  18. Yeah the bigger the hands, the more effort was put in lengthing the hands, consequently having to compensate somehow other things tend to be found wanting

It's ok Loz, it's not the size of the dog in the fight.........
  19. Pfft ya don't want a big man. Think of the money it would cost you to keep him fed.

Ya want a little man ;) may not be as large as some but with little hands at least something look bigger.

Perception being reality and all that.

Just don't touch it to burst the bubble is all.
  20. Let me assure all non believers, there is proportion, because without proportion there would be no competition :wink: