Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by aaronjod, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Im looking for a dirt bike registrable on the road, and considering later down the track converting to a motard. I have been looking at Husqvarna's as of late. I am wondering what the difference is between a TC610, is it road registerable, and TE610.
    Also wondering what they're like for maintenance, as i would need to ride it every day, but am happy to do work on the bike myself.
    Is a 510TE same bike/engine as 610 just smaller?
    What other husqvarna models can i look at and are they reliable?
    I was looking in the 2nd hand market, say 95 model to 05.

2. TC is Motocross . <---- Not Registerable.

TE is enduro. <---- Registerable.

I have never owned a Husky, so I cannot comment on relaibility or durability of this model.

The earlier versions were prone to some weird electrical issues. A mate had one and it gave him no end of trouble. (circa mid to late 90`s)

Some things you need to consider is the price of replacement parts, ease of access to a Husky dealer and the frequency of servicing.

You might be better of sticking to a Jap product if cost is an issue.
  3. Don't buy the 510. They are grenades. The 610 will be the best bet for commuting/reliability and a bit of track use. A wee bit heavy in the dirt but fine for trail riding. A DRZ 400 weighs about the same so I guess it's just your perspective on heavy really :)
  4. If you want to win a gold medal in the 6 day,endro world championships buy the 510,far from a grinade,but a sharp edged dirt weopon,the 610 is what you want,and the best place to check them out is R and D at Penrith,
    its a do it all bike,very capable off road,great adventure tourer and with the right wheels a more than fair motad.Check out the Husky section on Thumper Talk for more info.