Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Husky to enter GP

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Roarin, Nov 23, 2013.

1. More variety ought to make it more interesting, whatever the case.
    • Agree Agree x 1

2. Possibly, I guess. Maybe we'll see some sort of development on an aluminium framed bike? Only a guess however. I have been quite pleasantly surprised at how well KTM's steel framed bikes have gone so far, in a class where one would imagine weight savings would be of absolute premium importance. Especially if you take into consideration all the talk from the commentators regarding how much of a disadvantage MZ was carrying in Moto2 but running the steel frame bike.
    Oooops. Perhaps a bit off topic.
  3. Might be a bit of advertising too.... Getting huskies name out their a bit more..... I'd say there would be a fair few people out there who don't know they are together. Kinda like Harvey Norman/domain/Joyce mayne etc.
  4. I'm not sure if it's in current moto 3 regs but it was certainly the case on moto 3 introduction that mid season updates had to made available to all private runners of that model.
    Could KTM quarantine mid season developments by running them under the Husky banner?
  5. #7 Roarin, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
  6. I'd recon very true, the entire 2014 husky range are re-baged KTM's they have stated they have no intention to carry over anything for the MV or BMW era and haven't had time to develop a new platform.

I think there first order is to try and rebuild the brands image,
    the MV bikes burned a lot of people over the years, low hour bikes throwing rods and all sorts of shit, and the first bike BWM released shared lots of stuff from the unpopular GX450 and handled differently to Jap bikes so few people bothered with it, they haven't been seen as competitive bikes for a long time.

I'd say they want lots of people to see husky branded bikes being competitive first, get some podiums maybe even some wins but not knock ktm off the top shelf, then use them to try shit they're afraid to try on the premier brand but I don't really know, It should be interesting to see how it pans out