Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Husky sm570r Good second Bike?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Soulful Twin, Nov 8, 2011.

1. I've been riding about 2 years on a sweet little SRV250. It's been great, i'm on my full licence now and i want something a bit quicker. I'm looking at this SM570R it looks like a proper hectic supermotard and looks like alot of fun to ride. I'm thinking of getting some MX rims and knobblies to change over for a bit of weekend trail fun.

BUT, i'm just not sure if it's a stupid move.I know it's a pretty high strung motor i'm just not sure about services and parts for something like this. Has anyone owned one of these or the other smr huskys and can anyone give me an idea if i am setting myself up for a very expensive lesson in not buying "exotic" motorbikes.

2. what year husky? i'm not a husky expert but if you ask the question over at supermotoaus.com they will be able to help you out.

3. It's a 2004. I'll repost it over there but anymore advice on this board would be much appreciated.