Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hunter S. Thompson recaps Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by RacingTurtles, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Dedicated to all literature and/or TV lovers on Netrider :) Actually I nearly posted this in jokes section because making fun of Big Bang Theory can be, well, fun (but I still I watch it!) and making fun of sacred cow douchebag that was Hunter S. Thompson is always worth the time.

linky

2. I want my 3 minutes back after reading that drivel

3. Maybe I'm dumb, I had no idea what he was on about.

4. Perhaps you're simply not familiar with Hunter S. Thompson. This was not about anything in particular, really - it's just a parody of his... errr... let's just call it distinctive... writing style. The relevance to this forum lies in the fact that HST occasionally wrote about motorcycles, see: 'song of the sausage creature', for example.

5. Hunter S. also had style.

6. HST writing style is difficult to read but not impossible and in the end very enjoyable. It just takes a while to get through his books. This was on par with an ogden essay for post read satisfaction.

• Like Like x 1
  7. High praise indeed, I am humbled and honoured. If only I had written it... :)

8. If you haven't read 'Hells Angels' by HST you should. Written back when the content was still stranger than the author, it's very readable and also has lots about motorbikes, obviously.

9. Still a load of pretentious self absorbed drivel.

10. True, but anyone on this site should have built up a certain tolerance for pretentious self absorbed drivel.

• Agree Agree x 1